Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Tranq Rifle - Weapon Idea

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
JBT
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: JBT

Tranq Rifle - Weapon Idea

Post by JBT » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Obviously a pretty weird weapon idea, this gun, the Tranq Rifle, would be as rare as the flamethrower. It would fire dart that would be slightly slower than bullets, and wouldn't do very much damage. But the moment it hits your target... nothing happens. 1 - 1.5 seconds later, however, and your opponent is knocked out for a decent amount of time. I am currently thinking 6 seconds but you can tell me what you think would be good. One dart per clip, decently short reload time (think sawed-off shotgun's) and a small crit chance to deal knockback, put the target asleep instantly, and knock them out for a little bit longer of time. Upon taking any damage you will be woken back up, though you don't spring back to your feet instantly.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Wozenbelt
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: MASTER OF MOVEMENT
SFD Alias: (LM) Wozenbelt
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.1

Post by Wozenbelt » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:11 am

Hm... I'm thinking:
Put opponent to sleep, toss down three nades or mines, and fare them well.
Pretty brutal.
I suggest that the sleep time be lowered.
Maybe give them some tranq invulnerability on wakeup too, lest the attacker kick them awake and put them back to sleep again for extra cheese (hold the mayo).
2 x
i got wozen fever

JBT
Fighter
Fighter

Post by JBT » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:42 am

just replied to you on the at rifle so read that if you will, but I was specifically thinking the time before they fall asleep would be time for them to try and get cover. Mines might not work as well, but tossing one nade, pulling trigger on second and spacing them so you could land a couple would be pretty strong. Maybe only 5 seconds instead of 6, 4 seems not enough. considering the lower rarity of this than the sniper, it may not have much ammo to use, and thus maybe instead of just flat out invincibility, it gets weaker the more times someone is tranq'd over a short time. idk very much, though
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:15 am

Truth be told, immobilising someone in SFD for 6 seconds is never going to end well.
0 x

JBT
Fighter
Fighter

Post by JBT » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:16 pm

I mean immobilization effects in general would be almost a death sentence, but I did say it might need to be only 5 or 4 instead of 6. maybe it could use more time before sleep kicks in so you could toss a mine, hide behind a crate or whatever. besides, with the slower speed of a dart than a bullet, it would only be 100 % reliable at closer range, and they could tackle you or something before getting knocked out. Then you need to set up a death trap in 5 seconds without waking them up, and I don't think it would be that insane. With team matches, though? ooh boy, it would be really messed up with waking up sleeping person to a face first shotgun blast
0 x
► Show Spoiler

ClockworkDice
Fighter
Fighter
Started SFD: Sometime in Pre-Alpha
Post by ClockworkDice » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:39 pm

If there's one thing I hate in competitive games, it's stun/sleep effects. Being rendered immobile with nothing you can do is just frustrating. It may seem like it would be fun to use, but absolutely infuriating to fight against.
1 x

JBT
Fighter
Fighter

Post by JBT » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:15 pm

Most stun effects are annoying, but at least this offers you a little retreat time before you're knocked out, and it's a slower projectile compared to bullets. Tactics would get wonky, but there already is staggering / knockdown in the game that can be inflicted by chance via almost every weapon. This would certainly be more reliable for that crowd control tactic. Seeing as it takes up your primary, not a lot could be done unless you had a power weapon next to you, so it would more rely on other people to capitalize.
0 x
► Show Spoiler