Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

New? Move Idea - Slide Kick

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: . . .
SFD Account: @btelchi
SFD Alias: I've got plenty
Started SFD: PreAlpha
New? Move Idea - Slide Kick

Post by btelchi » Mon May 15, 2017 10:15 pm

Off Topic
I've put a question mark because i don't really know if the move is already suggested, or not. I kindly ask mods to just move it to the old topic if there is one or leave it here, but i beg you to not send me a warning. I've already got a plenty of those!
A slidekick is a low attack, which is done by pressing [CROUCH] And [KICK]. It's speciallity that it can break normal blocks, dealing small damage to thetarget pushing them back a little, but if the target did not try to block the attack will knock them down, dealing damage from the kick, and from falling on ground. In my opinion this move would be great in today's melee. Imagine you fight somebody on a roof, and you low-kick him so he knocks over, and normal kick him so he falls down. It will also be a great addition for pro people, 90% of which are super-pro at melee, or just newbs who have only installed the game a week ago, or even yesterday!

SLIDEKICK
+It can be used in melee to easily break blocks and continue your combo.
+It can knock the enemy down.
+After the kick you will be able to fastly finnish off the knocked enemy.
+It's a fast attack.
-It can be blocked. But with low block [CROUCH] + [BLOCK]. In that case the "blocker" won't recieve any damage, and the kick will be blocked as a regular punch.
-If the move is high blocked, it won't do anything to the enemy but small damage (5-8) and slightly kick them back.
-It will need recharging as the grab does.
Last edited by btelchi on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
Join our agency today. Copy AAT ayy
https://discord.gg/rB3GgCt
America is a tune, it must be sung together.

Presentionus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Break, Make, Smash, Bash
SFD Account: Presentionus
SFD Alias: Present
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.3b

Post by Presentionus » Mon May 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Another move that requires another keybind? Great...Lots of the things that you have listed can be done with physics objects or regular moves (punch, kick etc.) and this takes even more time for the developers to make. This will take longer to implement than any of the moves that we have in SFD. Dont expect this to be in the game beacuse nobody has left feedback for 1 week. Yes i will admit i made some ideas for moves and they (of course) didnt get implemented. But im getting sick of all of these ideas for new moves. Try to make this move all by yourself. It needs so much time for this move to be balanced (so trolls wont spam grab). Please, anyone who is reading this. Please stop making ideas for complicating moves. Just make ideas for simple moves. We dont need all of these complicating moves. This isnt Mortal Kombat where you have to mash the correct buttons in order to get a cool FATALITY! No, this is SFD where physics are key, and moves are cheap. Basically what im trying to say is that we dont need 50000000 moves implemented in the game. Just make simple ideas for simple moves, or hell just dont make any ideas for moves! Hope you understand what im trying to say.
3 x
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: . . .
SFD Account: @btelchi
SFD Alias: I've got plenty
Started SFD: PreAlpha
Post by btelchi » Thu May 25, 2017 5:36 pm

Presentionus wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 1:56 pm
Another move that requires another keybind? Great...Lots of the things that you have listed can be done with physics objects or regular moves (punch, kick etc.) and this takes even more time for the developers to make. This will take longer to implement than any of the moves that we have in SFD. Dont expect this to be in the game beacuse nobody has left feedback for 1 week. Yes i will admit i made some ideas for moves and they (of course) didnt get implemented. But im getting sick of all of these ideas for new moves. Try to make this move all by yourself. It needs so much time for this move to be balanced (so trolls wont spam grab). Please, anyone who is reading this. Please stop making ideas for complicating moves. Just make ideas for simple moves. We dont need all of these complicating moves. This isnt Mortal Kombat where you have to mash the correct buttons in order to get a cool FATALITY! No, this is SFD where physics are key, and moves are cheap. Basically what im trying to say is that we dont need 50000000 moves implemented in the game. Just make simple ideas for simple moves, or hell just dont make any ideas for moves! Hope you understand what im trying to say.
Well it actually don't need another keybind, lol. It's just CROUCH + KICK, like grab when you press a + d. And i don't actually agree with your oppinion about this move being complicated. This move is hell of an easy one to do as you only press 2 buttons, just like punching while crouching but using kick since the game doesn't have a low kick attack, that's why i posted the topic. I don't like complicated moves either, like pressing 10 buttons to do a type of a move which is already in the game. What i'm trying to say is that this kick won't unbalace the game, since it is not fully like grabbing, it's just a low type of kick, which is not included in the game.
0 x
Join our agency today. Copy AAT ayy
https://discord.gg/rB3GgCt
America is a tune, it must be sung together.

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Mon May 29, 2017 12:38 am

This move is completely unnecessary and unneeded.
0 x
-Evilsack