Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

COOP Map Editor

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Presentionus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Break, Make, Smash, Bash
SFD Account: Presentionus
SFD Alias: Present
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.3b

COOP Map Editor

Post by Presentionus » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:55 pm

So i think it would be cool if 2 people could work on maps together at the same time. Basically it means that if you dont know how to script, one of your friends can script for you and there would be no delays (bad internet, chat website servers have gone down etc.) while you are working on the map. You could also test it together. You just press test and either you 2 can play together on the map or 1 can build the structures, and the other one could play the map. I think it would be alot faster then just sending save files of the map to another friend so he can work on the map and then he gives the map back to you and so on... But! If you work in COOP mode this wouldnt be a problem. There would be a built in chat and there would be a voice chat as well if you are a slow typer. Map making would be so much easier with this idea. Lemme know what you think! :mrgreen:
0 x
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Dumby Eggy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: Huevon NEO
SFD Alias: Huevon SFD
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Dumby Eggy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:51 pm

I don't think this is necesary. Even you can do it without testing and working on it the both at the same time. You can work with your friend using Facebook, twitter, whatever to finish your map, test it, etc. Anyway you can also test your map online to see if everything works fine.

I don't see a good point to see this feature on SFD, there so many resources that replace this.
0 x
HINT: You will not surprise me if you are good with snipers and magnums and katanas; but I will give my respect for someone who is a weapon-master. So don't wait any cheer marksmen...8-)

Presentionus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Break, Make, Smash, Bash
SFD Account: Presentionus
SFD Alias: Present
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.3b

Post by Presentionus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:50 am

Dumby Eggy wrote:I don't think this is necesary. Even you can do it without testing and working on it the both at the same time. You can work with your friend using Facebook, twitter, whatever to finish your map, test it, etc. Anyway you can also test your map online to see if everything works fine.

I don't see a good point to see this feature on SFD, there so many resources that replace this.
Thank you for your opinion. :mrgreen:
1 x
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Hamurlik
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Hamurlik » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:19 pm

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a new take on an idea with an already existing thread.
I just want to create a map with other developers, it's like there will be two cursors on the screen, and they both are working on a map :ugeek:
0 x