Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Parachute

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
The Adventurer
Fighter
Fighter
Title: The Lone Wolf

Parachute

Post by The Adventurer » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:08 am

IMPROVED IDEAS:

By ZYFEX: maybe the parachute can survive 1 or 2 weak bullets (from pistol, uzi, smg, tommygun, etc.) and cause the fighter to fall faster, which could result in them crouching once they reach the ground. stronger bullets (magnum, sniper, etc.) could cause the parachute to instantly break

By ZERE: Parachutes would be really cool, in my opinion they should be disposable, controllable, destroyable (ability to burn them and make holes in to it with guns) and maybe a possibility to use weapons while flying it.

by M_M_M: Better idea would be to allow a person to activate it mid-fall if they're knocked off a ledge. It'd still be situational on some maps it'd be a nice thing to have when fighting near tall drops.

PICS BY ZERE:

i know there is the jump - dive , dive and where u get not hurt ... but look directly to the concept of the parachute , and reflect ... ( basic info below)

Rarity: 25 - 50

Slot/Type: slot of miscelaneous (slot 5°)

Quantity: 1

Summary: with the parachute we can plane in the air, and fall slow, we can use guns with him, like, falling with the parachute and shooting the enemies in the sky...
Last edited by The Adventurer on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
7 x
Good Adventures Gentlemen...

-The Adventurer

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:21 am

Well,as you said,there already is a dive function to prevent fall damage.
Plus,this object would be pretty specific to a situation and a map. There are really few maps involving a jump big enough to make this object usefull,and even in those cases,a dive would be much more preferable.
0 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:45 am

Better idea would be to allow a person to activate it mid-fall if they're knocked off a ledge. It'd still be situational on some maps it'd be a nice thing to have when fighting near tall drops.
5 x
hello yes

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:54 am

I think this is good idea , it would be nice in epic and chaotic maps , or like in adventure map , this is would be good to fall with parachute in begun of adventure map , like in the first mission of intrusion 2
1 x
-Content-maker.

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:20 am

M_M_M wrote:Better idea would be to allow a person to activate it mid-fall if they're knocked off a ledge. It'd still be situational on some maps it'd be a nice thing to have when fighting near tall drops.
I like this version of the idea better. Like @Del Poncho said, diving will be much more beneficial than a slow descent as it's usually used as a means of escape, and parachuting off of a building just makes you an easy target for your opponents which isn't what you wanna be. It would be much more useful if a player was allowed to activate it while staggered(?) mid air or kicked off of a ledge as a measure taken against taking fall damage.

Say you're low on health and can't allow yourself to fall off that ledge, but you're forced into melee combat with your back to it and blocking that last hit makes you stagger and fall backwards. You activate the parachute mid-fall and land safely on the ground, allowing you to continue your daring escape.

Basically make it a precaution against death rather than an offensive (fly and shoot kind of thing) piece of equipment. Perhaps even allow activation when a player gets dived into, to escape an opponent's grab.
1 x

Zere
Fighter
Fighter
Started SFD: 1.2.0

Post by Zere » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:34 pm

Parachutes would be really cool, in my opinion they should be disposable, controllable, destroyable (ability to burn them and make holes in to it with guns) and maybe a possibility to use weapons while flying it.

7 x
Men ;D

The Adventurer
Fighter
Fighter

Post by The Adventurer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:09 am

Thank you zere, i will paste your pics in the topic...

@M_M_M i will paste ur ideas too
0 x

-The Adventurer

Wozenbelt
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: MASTER OF MOVEMENT
SFD Alias: (LM) Wozenbelt
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.1

Post by Wozenbelt » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:57 am

Can I dive off a ledge, activate my parachute, and keep my dive hitbox out to become a menacing, block-breaking, bullet-dodging eagle? Or will activating the parachute cancel my dive? I elect for the latter, but the former sounds really funny.
1 x
i got wozen fever

The Adventurer
Fighter
Fighter

Post by The Adventurer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:25 am

Idk but sounds good, may i add it at the topic
0 x

-The Adventurer

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:03 pm

Like ;3 , Parachutes will be useful , but , if you are falling and everybody shooting you , lol...

Possible aiming with parachutes?
1 x
Just me The Predator!

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:08 pm

M_M_M wrote:Better idea would be to allow a person to activate it mid-fall if they're knocked off a ledge. It'd still be situational on some maps it'd be a nice thing to have when fighting near tall drops.
I never thought of that actually, that would make it very useful. Especially if you have a lot of horizontal movement on the chute so you can save yourself from falling into acid or bottomless pits. Being able to manual aim while falling would give it various tactical uses too. Worth considering for distant future versions at least... :)
8 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:16 pm

I image that you can activate it at anytime while in the air (jumping, diving, falling, even being in someone's diving grasp) which resets your character to the controllable "idle" pose in air. Doing this will slow down your horizontal speed to a stop while you slowly fall. You can control your descent by moving right/left and let go of the parachute at any time. Activating this while being dived will cause you to get free. The diving player might lose balance and start to fall instead - taking fall damage. Some sort of anti-falling/anti-diving equipment tool - the only one in game.
7 x
Gurt

The Adventurer
Fighter
Fighter

Post by The Adventurer » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:27 am

@Hjarpe and @Gurt, thats the objective, the parachute will slow your falling if iin a fight you fall out of a high place, this will be very usefull!

@Hjarpe, thx for supporting my idea! I hope you and Gurt put it at SFD!

@Shark, yes we can use guns when using the parachute, thats another good thing
0 x

-The Adventurer

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:51 am

maybe the parachute can survive 1 or 2 weak bullets (from pistol, uzi, smg, tommygun, etc.) and cause the fighter to fall faster, which could result in them crouching once they reach the ground. stronger bullets (magnum, sniper, etc.) could cause the parachute to instantly break
3 x
but in reality

CCUUBBYYEEEE
Fighter
Fighter
Title: SUCK Leader
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.3.2 or something

Post by CCUUBBYYEEEE » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:39 pm

I think this would be a good addition to the game.

As stated, there is the dive to keep from fall damage. However, if you, say, are blown off a ledge by an explosive, there isn't much you can do. Having a parachute to deploy as to save your life from the situation you couldn't control would be a great help in many places.

Plus, in the cases in which we are specifying, what with the enormous drops and all, the dive does seem a tad unrealistic. To dive from a 3 story building or higher and still be OK just because you dived. Ehh, having a parachute would be better.
2 x
:mrgreen: Long Live SUCK :mrgreen:
Originally stated by Del Poncho
Killing is an art,and this game is your canvas.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:10 pm

The parachute will be a random supply dropped from crates - similar to slowmo or laser sights. The dive will still save you from fall damage form any height (game logic).
1 x
Gurt

The Adventurer
Fighter
Fighter

Post by The Adventurer » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:09 am

@Zyfex, i will put ur ramdom idea at my topic too, Thx for you great idea!

and i would to thank you guys for supporting my idea, i hope they add my idea in the game soon!
0 x

-The Adventurer

Jedi75
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Force Fighter
SFD Alias: Jedi75
Started SFD: 1.8.0

Post by Jedi75 » Sun May 08, 2016 3:29 pm

Lots of people thonk that parachutes are useless because there is diving, but diving is good when you want to fall without taking damage.
But parachutes could be used to quikly travel from one high point to another.

"And for that brief moment,Del Poncho was the most beautiful meteor that ever flew over Police Station."

I was on del's server when this happened XD
0 x

[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Post by [Failman] » Sun May 08, 2016 6:49 pm

Maybe you could be able to roll out of the parachute to increase you're chances of landing safely Incase something dangerous happens like someone shooting you out of the air.
0 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

The Adventurer
Fighter
Fighter

Post by The Adventurer » Mon May 30, 2016 4:26 am

@Jedi75 the real concept of the parachute is for when you fighting with another player, you suposed to be kicked out from a high place, of you had the parachute you can activate him to reduce the impact of you with the dirt...
0 x

-The Adventurer