Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Weapon Idea - Bear Traps

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: . . .
SFD Account: @btelchi
SFD Alias: I've got plenty
Started SFD: PreAlpha
Weapon Idea - Bear Traps

Post by btelchi » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:50 pm

Another one today!
BEAR TRAPS
+High damage.
+It will disarm your enemy, not letting him run away. (untill he shoots the bear trap, or hits it)
+You will be able to reuse it. (2/3 times maybe)
+You will be able to neither pick it up after someone got killed by it, or recharge it in it's current position.
-Easy to see and avoid it.
-You will need to stand to put the bear trap (Maybe there will be an animation of your character putting down the beartrap), so you won't be able to throw them as mines, or nades.
-You won't be able to pick it up, as it is armed.
-You won't be able to shoot it, so it moves away. (Not sure about sniper rifle/bazooka/magnum)
-You will only be able to trigger it by standing on it (rather you or someone else), or throwing anything at it (including explosives, crates, barrels, chairs and more), dealing HUGE dammage to the object.

EDIT:
+It arms momentaly so you don't have to wait for the trap to work like you do with mines and C4 (After you throw one you need to wait 2-3 sec till it's armed and ready to explode)
Last edited by btelchi on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
9 x
Join our agency today. Copy AAT ayy
https://discord.gg/rB3GgCt
America is a tune, it must be sung together.

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:08 am

This sounds very nice.

They could also spawn from crates and barrels like mines. I think that possiblity to reuse it would maybe break the balance. Maybe it would be more like environmental hazard than a weapon?
1 x

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Thu May 04, 2017 10:59 pm

Good idea. I think it should do moderate damage at first and then continue to damage over a period of time. There should be a set period of time that isn't too long, but long enough to deal some serious damage. Like a short snap and then it lets go. It can't be moved but it can "snap" up to 3 times.
1 x
-Evilsack

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Fri May 05, 2017 1:21 pm

Off Topic
weapon is spelled with one o :geek:
1 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

DippyDaDewott
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Just a guy who loves SFD.
SFD Account: RealDippyDaDewott
SFD Alias: (SPZ)DippyDaDewott
Started SFD: 1.1.2 Around september 2012
Post by DippyDaDewott » Sat May 06, 2017 2:59 am

It's a cool idea, but I Don't like that "High Damage" part. I mean, i know you said that it would be easy to see and avoid, but i mean, how much damage we talkin, about here?
1 x
"I've never saw a greater example of horse shit then real fucking horse shit."

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by btelchi » Sat May 06, 2017 8:05 am

DippyDaDewott wrote:It's a cool idea, but I Don't like that "High Damage" part. I mean, i know you said that it would be easy to see and avoid, but i mean, how much damage we talkin, about here?
I don't know exactly, but i'm thinking of 30-40. So that will be more like a real life beartraps. I mean, you can cut your leg off if you step on one in real life!
0 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:57 am

I think that 30-40 is cruley huge. This could be more like a trap that makes people fall prone than tear their legs off.
1 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Wed May 10, 2017 10:01 am

So basically mines without explosions. Why?
2 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by btelchi » Wed May 10, 2017 10:08 pm

Lunatic wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 10:01 am
So basically mines without explosions. Why?
Not exactly. For example a mine can make 3-5 people get hit with small damage each (or high if you are the lucky one who steps on it), and the bear traps do high damage, and can only affect a person who stepped on it. Also, a bear trap can be reused on the same place (needs some time tho) and can also be triggered by any debris, object, crate, meatball or any other thing dealing high damage to the object. And a beartrap can't be thrown like any other explosives. It can only be put if you are standing still. There's also many more differences between them, i forgot to mention.
0 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Thu May 11, 2017 2:30 am

Well yeah there's going to be some small differences, but basically it's a weapon that hurts whoever steps on it from slot 4. Sounds like a mine to me, just no explosion (And I guess it only hurts one person, yawn).
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by btelchi » Thu May 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Lunatic wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 2:30 am
Well yeah there's going to be some small differences, but basically it's a weapon that hurts whoever steps on it from slot 4. Sounds like a mine to me, just no explosion (And I guess it only hurts one person, yawn).
Kidna yes. It does hurt one person but it's a perfect opportunity to get rid of a player from the opposite team, for example if you are fighting an unfair 2 vs 1, and the second guy is on the other side of the map, ready to come there and help his teammate, you are meleeing a guy, punching him 4-5 times and you just throw the poor guy on the beartrap so he 98% dies or at least stays with 3-4 hp (since you damaged him earlier) stuck in a beartrap and completely innocent since he won't do a thing but try to break the trap, so you just kill him and it's all fair now. A mine really damages 5+ people but they all get -15/-20 hp (if im not mistaken) and that's not a big deal since they can survive and get more hp and weapons to kill you. It's also an opportunity to make some of the map's places completely secured, like if you put the trap near the grabable platform, and the person won't go there before he gets something to throw there from the other side, but not weapoons since the beartrap can break them easily. So you'll get 30+ more seconds to prepare.

Also a beartrap is a perfect way to run from a certain situation, if the guys leg is stuck in the bear trap, he can't do a thing instead of shooting, and if he hasn't got a ranged weapon, he's dead. I'm also thinking that they won't be able to kick and crouch, but punch. And i'm ALSO thinking of some way to get rid of the trap without weapons, like holding the interact key, or rapidly smashing the kick button till you get rid of it, or else.
2 x

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by btelchi » Thu May 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Evilsack wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 10:59 pm
Good idea. I think it should do moderate damage at first and then continue to damage over a period of time. There should be a set period of time that isn't too long, but long enough to deal some serious damage. Like a short snap and then it lets go. It can't be moved but it can "snap" up to 3 times.
It could snap a couple of times but then the weapon will be a little op. My idea is after someone get's into it, or throws something there at least, the trap closes, allowing other people to pick it up and move somewhere else or just keep it.
1 x

xdhoomy12x
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: xdhoomy12x
Started SFD: 1.3.3

Post by xdhoomy12x » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:51 pm

its need to be tall so you cant dive above the trap
and if u stuck call your friend to help you instantly by press R
or use a gun and shoot the trap
0 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Motto73 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:55 pm

xdhoomy12x wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:51 pm
True,disarming the trap with R would be great. Maybe it could like have an animation where the player grabs the trap and tries to break it with 50% chance of succes.
1 x

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by btelchi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:13 am

Motto73 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:55 pm
xdhoomy12x wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:51 pm
True,disarming the trap with R would be great. Maybe it could like have an animation where the player grabs the trap and tries to break it with 50% chance of succes.
That's the point! The trap can be disarmed by your friends/teammates/"teammates" from other team ~_~. But you can and you need to dive over the trap, cause' it is easy to avoid, but if you fail.. well.. you have small chances of winning the game.
0 x