Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Spectating

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: okokok is real #1
SFD Account: Krypa
SFD Alias: Krypa
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.6

Spectator mode.

Post by Creeper » Wed May 25, 2016 3:36 pm

This is a possible camera mode that you could control.
Dont take this too seriously becose this is my opinion of a new camera mode.

Main:
-The spectator mode would change your prospective and you could move with the arrow keys.
-Can go anywhere accept the border.
-Moves the same speed as if running.
-Activatable only on death with the "Tab" button or your camera button.
-The Camera adjustment would be changable with the "A" (punch) to make it bigger and with the "D" (block) to make it smaller.

-Creeper

Last edited by KliPeH on Wed May 25, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with an existing thread.
2 x

ImThatKid
Fighter
Fighter
Title: IMTHATKID
SFD Account: ImThatKid_27
SFD Alias: |TS1|ImThatKid
Started SFD: November 2015

Post by ImThatKid » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:29 pm

spectating would be good for SFD. for example before u join u wanna see if its fun or not or if people are having like a clan war and they just wanna watch.
3 x

Brine
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Brine » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:27 pm

i agree.if the game is full you cant even join but if its fun you can spectate.plus maybe you could chat while spectating.
1 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:46 pm

If you're running a dedicated server for the game, and you're chatting as SERVER, looking at the chat log will show you as a spectator. I don't think anything has been confirmed by the devs but I'm assuming its a fairly large stretch goal for them in the future.
1 x
very nice władysław iii jagellion-chan

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:14 pm

Most of the code is in place (that's why you can spectate as a server) but the in-game GUI is not ready and it's nothing we will redo until we know for certain how it should look and work for more than 8+ players (GUI is locked to 8 players now).
1 x
Gurt

KingBatom
Meatbag
SFD Account: Cardosin
SFD Alias: nspCardosin
Post by KingBatom » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:57 pm

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a new take on an idea with an already existing thread.
Hello, my suggestion is as follows:

It would be something very good for some users who are interested in watching clan wars or watching the game, a viewer mode for all servers would be good, if the server is full or not by selecting a server the option to enter as a viewer will be displayed, when entering the person can see the hud of each player and also can, in the TAB will appear when there are spectators and who they are.

I hope my idea has been liked and served.
0 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:31 pm

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a new take on an idea with an already existing thread.
Ever wanted to watch, learn & note down how others play instead of having to fight (lose) against them? Have you ever wanted to know who's playing before you continuously mash enter hoping for someone to leave a spot, just to find out that you're gonna get rekt by the noobest guy on the server? Spectating allows you to just watch the game go incognito if you want to take a break without leaving and is a good way to insta-join if there's a spot.

Features:
-A new option to "Join As Spectator" - Join the game even if the server is full, but you'll be limited to watching and chatting.
Host option to "Allow Spectators" - Whether or not players can join as spectators.
Host option to "Allow Spectator Chat" - Whether or not spectators can communicate
  • Spectator Chat Type
- Global/Spectators Only - Whether spectators can chat with other players or spectators only.

Join Message:

{Player} Joined The Game (Spectator)

Leave Message:

[Player] Left The Game (Spectator)

Commands:

/spectate - To instantly die and go to spectator mode.
/nextroundspectate - To go to spectator mode but after the current round ends.
/join - To join the game next round if you're spectating and if there's a slot.
  • [Player] Is Now Playing
/onslotjoin - To join the game next round once a slot becomes available; useful if you're waiting for an empty slot.

That's it for this topic; take care.
5 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:03 pm

This is actually a good suggestion and I support it, But if a spectator joins, there could issues such as ping getting absurdly high and disrupting the game. I don't know how the SFD servers are set up, but this could be a great feature to the game if added
1 x

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:06 pm

GreenyShark wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:03 pm
This is actually a good suggestion and I support it, But if a spectator joins, there could issues such as ping getting absurdly high and disrupting the game. I don't know how the SFD servers are set up, but this could be a great feature to the game if added
In that case, there should be a Max Spectator Ping host option: the maximum amount of ping you can have to be able to join. For example, if it's set to 300 and your ping is higher, You'll get the message "your ping exceeds the spectator ping limit".
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Ol1vver
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Alias: Ol1vver
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6
Post by Ol1vver » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:24 pm

hyper copter wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:06 pm
GreenyShark wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:03 pm
In that case, there should be a Max Spectator Ping host option: the maximum amount of ping you can have to be able to join. For example, if it's set to 300 and your ping is higher, You'll get the message "your ping exceeds the spectator ping limit".
max ping is enough. no need to make a second one. i still support your idea though.
why not also make a spectator password for locked servers? so you don't just get random people joining and watching you fight with your friend.
0 x
Why are you reading my signature?