Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

New Weapon: Boxing Glove

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Player1
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0

New Weapon: Boxing Glove

Post by Player1 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:54 pm

This melee weapon will basically powered up fist.

First there is the Light Boxing Glove it is a red color and does +2 damage to Fist Melee.
Then there is the Heavy Boxing Glove it is a blue color and does +2 damage to Fist Melee.

Features of Light Boxing Glove
+Increased melee speed
+2 Damage (Obviously)

Look of Light Boxing Glove: http://www.shopbushido.com/media/catalo ... ed_1_3.jpg
When it spawns, it'll be 2 red boxing gloves floating. (Like any other weapon)

Upside: Faster melee gives you the edge on average opponents, and you may devastate your average opponent in little time.
Downside: Does not block bullets. You will move slower than the average climber on a ladder, you cannot hold a gun while using this weapon, and your grenade throws will flop.

Rarity: Extreme

Features of Heavy Boxing Glove
+Slower Melee
+4 Damage
+4 Blocks
Look Of Heavy Boxing Glove: http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/m/m ... s-l225.jpg
When it spawns, it'll be 2 dark blue boxing gloves floating. (Like any other weapon)

Upside: Heavy damage in melee will give you a huge melee advantage.
Downside: Does not block bullets, If you block for the 4th time you cannot return a hit or move (light stun), you have a chance of falling off a ladder, you cannot hold a gun while using this weapon, and your grenade throws will flop.

Rarity: Server Command :D
0 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:10 pm

I fail to see how this would improve SFD. In traditional fighters, faster characters typically beat out slower characters unless the slow guys have an edge like range or... Yeah. Mostly just range. If I was able to speed up my fists, I could walk up to someone and wail on them until they died, not because I was more skillful but because my attacks were faster than theirs.

I also don't see the blue gloves being that great, seems like more of a detriment than anything.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:12 pm

aren't boxing gloves irl weaker than bare fists? and, won't the weight of the gloves on one's hands make them swing slower than if they were bare handed???
1 x
but in reality

Wozenbelt
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: MASTER OF MOVEMENT
SFD Alias: (LM) Wozenbelt
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.1

Post by Wozenbelt » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:38 pm

Boxing gloves intended to make sure people don't die, Player. It's kind of like what Zyfex was saying, the gloves are padded to sorta cushion the blow. I don't think this would be a very powerful weapon. A funny weapon, maybe.
1 x
i got wozen fever

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:31 pm

A weapon that makes your punches do less damage would be kinda funny.
1 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Player1
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0

Post by Player1 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:55 pm

Everyone is getting all logical, but then you have glass bottles blocking shotgun shells and sniper bullets. Anyways the comments have given me an idea to add, less damage, more speed for the normal boxing gloves.
1 x