Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Small throwing weapon changes (queueing)

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Small throwing weapon changes (queueing)

Post by Splinter » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:42 am

I just wanna suggest 2 things to make little combos smoother and faster.

1- I noticed that attacks "cancel" your G (E in my case - switch to throwing mode). They are not cancelled, but overriden by melee hits, and then queued after your attacks are finished. Example: If I wanna hit the enemy twice, then throw my weapon at him, I quickly press A, A, G, A. But, if I press that too fast, he will actually do A,A,A,G, because of what I explained before. So, the first suggestion is that attacks do not override G.

2- After grabbing and throwing an enemy, you stand with your arms forward for a while, and it's a good thing, but it makes this little combo a bit harder:
grab,throw,G,A
Because the G is not queued after a throw. It would be nice if G could be queued after the throw!

If you don't like my suggestion, then I should practice the timing a bit more. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Splinter on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 x
Hold your breath.

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:58 am

I think you should replace E with G cause G is the standard button to swich into throw mode
1 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:43 pm

Billy wrote:I think you should replace E with G cause G is the standard button to swich into throw mode
Oh yeah, I forgot, hehe. Yeah, G. Though I recommend changing on game settings to another key, because to me G is too far from the main ASD keys.
0 x
Hold your breath.

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:42 am

Yea thats true, i was thinking about that for a while, but i was to lazy to change the keybinding.
0 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Rhodes
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: I am Rhodes!
SFD Account: Rhodes
SFD Alias: Rhodes
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Rhodes » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:21 am

Another alternative could be that while in throwing mode, the held gun or item could be used for hitting??Each wep has diff durability depending on the size.
0 x
IF YOU PLAY SFD I'M COMING AFTER YOU!!

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:10 pm

Forgot to mention it but queuing toggle throw will be prioritized over attacking after Alpha 1.1.1b as described in this topic by Splinter.
4 x
Gurt