Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

More Weapon Animations

Give us your input on how we may improve the game in future versions.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Other visuals for melee attacks.

Post by mgtr14 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:44 pm

It would be nice if we could have a headbutt on ground when we kick, but on the air we could still have the normal kick.
If we can't have COMPLETELY new moves because we can't come up with anything else melee can do, we may atleast add " new " moves that do the same.
4 x
Shut up bitch!!

kazy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Brawler
SFD Account: kazy
SFD Alias: kazy
Started SFD: December 2012

Post by kazy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:02 pm

New moves would need new buttons, I don't think Gurt is going to add extra keys for a separate move like headbutt.

http://i.imgur.com/DhgMkzW.jpg
2 x
Gurt wrote:I think I have always seen someone comment about how bad each and every update is. :D

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by mgtr14 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:16 pm

kazy wrote:New moves would need new buttons, I don't think Gurt is going to add extra keys for a separate move like headbutt.

http://i.imgur.com/DhgMkzW.jpg
I meant V I S U A L S.
No new moves, just new sprites for kicking on-ground, like a headbutt.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:41 pm

Having multiple visuals for the same action confuses things. Consistent visuals for consistent actions is what we need.
Kicks strike people that are prone. It's nonsensical to think about somebody headbutting the air and having a body below them flop into the abyss.
2 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by mgtr14 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:16 am

Lunatic wrote:Having multiple visuals for the same action confuses things. Consistent visuals for consistent actions is what we need.
Kicks strike people that are prone. It's nonsensical to think about somebody headbutting the air and having a body below them flop into the abyss.
Would it be much effort to code the game so that there is a kick for grounded players, but a headbutt on standing players?

Also, it shouldn't be confusing. We only have punches and kicks, and their air attacks, we all know them. Adding a " new move " for the kick wouldn't confuse us, unless the incoming headbutt is hard to notice.
Last edited by mgtr14 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:27 am

If there are two different animations for the kick, one being able to hit a grounded opponent and one unable, I will be incredibly upset every time I go to jumpkick someone off a cliff and do an air headbutt instead. If I knock someone over in front of me, a kick will make them flop on the ground. A headbutt would have no reason to hit someone that's on the ground in the fashion we're working with unless we make the animation look ridiculous.

I like what you're going for but the way you're going for it is only going to confuse and frustrate people.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by mgtr14 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:05 am

Lunatic wrote:If there are two different animations for the kick, one being able to hit a grounded opponent and one unable, I will be incredibly upset every time I go to jumpkick someone off a cliff and do an air headbutt instead. If I knock someone over in front of me, a kick will make them flop on the ground. A headbutt would have no reason to hit someone that's on the ground in the fashion we're working with unless we make the animation look ridiculous.

I like what you're going for but the way you're going for it is only going to confuse and frustrate people.
Why would you do an air headbutt? I'm suggesting a new animation for the headbutt when you " kick " standing players, and a normal kick on grounded players or when in the air. Not completely new visuals that will replace all of the kicks. I laugh everytime i think of headbutting someone who is grounded or in the air. The headbutt and the kick will do the same thing, just that the headbutt will replace " kicking " on standing players on the ground.

Actually, when thinking about all of the situations that is possible with opponents that can be hit by a kick, this may be hard to code.
You can't headbutt someone who is on lower ground than you, nor can you headbutt anyone who is on higher ground than you, there are alot of factors here, but if it isn't too hard to code that then it would be great if you could add in a headbutt.

EDIT: Sorry for my first response, i did a typo. I meant if it was much effort to change to code so you kick grounded players but headbutt standing players.
1 x
Shut up bitch!!

Player1
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0

Post by Player1 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:56 am

! Message from: KliPeH
Merged a new take on an idea with an already existing thread.
More Animations
This game has all it's basic animations done, running, walking, jogging, etc. While holding a weapon, the game has completed frames when it comes to walking, jogging, and jumping, but not running or diving. Here are some suggestions, some are easy, while others will require a new drawn frame/sprites.

The easy part
- One handed weapons.
- They can easily be put on one hand while the player is running or diving.
[image broken]
(But if you can hold your gun while diving, why can't you shoot it? In a small suggestion post I made, I suggested that you can shoot while diving, if you're the player that activated the slomo power-up.), (Also on a side note, you should be able to run while holding small weapons like pistols, revlovers, etc. But the result is a way less accurate shots).
- Exception : Fire Axe will need unique frames drawn.
- Here are some reference points for it.
[image broken]

[image broken]

The hard part
- All 2 handed weapons will require, a unique running frame.
- Reference Pictures
[image broken]

[image broken]

- Katana will need to be sheathed to the side of the player now, not on their back. Also needs a running frame.
- Reference Picture
[image broken]

- Baseball Bat needs new running animation
[image broken]

Notes
- Also seeing as how this game is almost done, I believe it's time to get this over with.
5 x

NoOne
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: LegioNPL
SFD Alias: None
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.7.0

Post by NoOne » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:31 am

Ok it could make game more nice but now devs must release alpha trust me it needs long time.
6 x
Don't mess with mad guy

Player1
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Player1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:08 pm

NoOne wrote:Ok it could make game more nice but now devs must release alpha trust me it needs long time.
I know, this is going to need at least a year and a half probably.
0 x

Duck
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: gogogadgetkeyboard
SFD Account: Shui
Started SFD: Jul 2013

Post by Duck » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:56 am

Yeah I think hope that they're planning on doing animations like this in time.

Even little things like this will continue to make the game feel polished, and look amazing.
1 x
'<'

Player1
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Player1 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:55 am

Duck wrote:Yeah I think hope that they're planning on doing animations like this in time.

Even little things like this will continue to make the game feel polished, and look amazing.
Sprites take a lot of work though, lol.
0 x

Apocalyptic
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: bullet on target.
SFD Alias: |LPH| sexy chocolate
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.0/May 2013

Post by Apocalyptic » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:59 pm

Apocalyptic wrote:I suggest a dead animation, little rare, that when someone die while shooting, he falls shooting. Just like we see in movies.

Edit: Aw, but only with automatic weapons.
1 x
The End is just the beginning.

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by mgtr14 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 pm

I see alot of people say that they think melee lacks moves or looks, we only see the same punch, swing, kick and block.

Maybe a simple solution, would be to give the same moves a new look sometimes instead. Maybe a kick could look like a headbutt (Only if the opponent is standing up, of course), and maybe the punch could be a hook, and melee weapons fit for one handed swinging would get your guy to swing with one hand.

The only problem I see with this, is that it could maybe confuse people on what move is actually being done, for me, I wouldn't have that problem. But maybe it should just be simple visual tweaks, or just give some players and option to keep it on, so they can get used to the moves first?

Just an idea, some discussion on this would be nice, I really think that this could benefit the game alot.
4 x
Shut up bitch!!

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:41 am

this would be absolutely awesome! I was hardly able to tell whether the game was trying to be modern or 90's back when I first got this game and something like this would make this game really unique.

It kinda reminds me of hotline miami where the player could just hold a uzi normally but instead the characters in-game hold a uzi sideways just to give you that "gangsta"(first time I used this word unironically) feel, so if the devs (specifically hjarpe) find a way to make their fighting style more Hollywoodian, it would certainly benefit the game, in both the competitive scene and, like hotline miami, give you a unique SFD feel, which it is lacking quite a bit RN.

Edit:
Hjarpe wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:57 pm
but implementing new moves is a big job for poor overworked Gurt!
Hjarpe wrote:
a big job for poor overworked Gurt!
Hjarpe wrote:
overworked Gurt!
#Let's Overwork Hajarpe (if he isn't already overworked :mrgreen:)
Last edited by StarNord on Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:49 pm

NICE IDEA MY DUDE I THINK THAT WOULD MAKE THE GAME WAYYYYYY BETTER!!!! plus it makes SUPERFIGHTERS even more super.
0 x

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by mgtr14 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:18 pm

Since melee can look a little static sometimes (I only mean looks, not the gameplay), I think it would be great if we had different animations for the same attacks. It would also look better if one-handed weapons were actually handled like one-handed weapons. The chain actually being held like a chain, different punches (Hooks, for example), a headbutt instead of a kick, etc.

This doesn't mean new moves. just new visuals. And since this would confuse some people about which move is actually being done, it should be optional. However, I'm sure that this would make the game look better for experienced players.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!