Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

What is your play style?

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
What is your play style?

Post by Noble » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:33 am

Some people understand that it has several possible styles of play that game. Splinter said in another topic that the play styles are Survivor, Duelist and Team Player, others believe that players can be meleer or gunner, but along with this guy we come to a new and interesting point.

Although the players are not the same or similar, they may have the same style, as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AGRESSIVE PLAYER: This player likes to keep the initiative, even in unfavorable situations he appears to shoot the opponent. This type of player is skillful near stairs and platforms and is always running around the map looking for items and chasing their enemies. This type of player plays instinctively and sometimes goes in what he wants without measuring the consequences .

RUNNER PLAYER: A strong style, but not as valued as it should be. This type of player is always waiting to enemies jump to his field of vision or give loopholes to their offensive. He is always looking for favorable positions and generally away from melee battles. Strategy based player.

TECHNICAL PLAYER: The technical player knows enough about the mechanics of the game and can do technically hard actions. A technical player is always keeping the game in their area of ​​expertise, whether it is an extremely good player in melee or excellent with combos, it will always try to keep the game in this area. Play based on quick thinking and surprising mechanically difficult actions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I formulated a test that does not guarantee that works. Suppose a situation where the opponent has a shotgun and you don't have any guns. Then he dived in you.

An agressive player with warm blood will probably roll for the opponent side 0.01 sec after touch the ground and will jump to evade the shot or attack the opponent.

A runner player will try to roll in the opposite side and he probably can't evade the shot after the opponent roll. Runner usually don't get dived, they will punch or shot the opponents if they try to get proximity btw.

A technical player will receive the dive and will lie in the ground without roll and wait the timing for the opponent shot to roll. They will leave without any scratch.

And you? What is your play style?
Last edited by Noble on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:46 am

my playstyle is winning.

winning is where you go in and don't lose like a losser
13 x
but in reality

Wozenbelt
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: MASTER OF MOVEMENT
SFD Alias: (LM) Wozenbelt
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.1

Post by Wozenbelt » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:01 am

An interesting scenario you've provided there, DeadlyPawn. If a shotgun user dived me... hmm...

I think the flow of events would be as follows:
He dives me.
He dives me. I realize he's got the syndrome.
He dives me.
I'm at low health now, and his shotgun is still primed and ready. Being the aggressive and reckless player I am, I jump into him and try to force him into a melee situation.
I trip over my own two feet and he gets off a free shotgun blast, killing me.

That's my style.
5 x
i got wozen fever

Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: okokok is real #1
SFD Account: Krypa
SFD Alias: Krypa
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.6

Post by Creeper » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:03 am

I would choose: AGRESSIVE PLAYER

Becose thats littelary me attacking on sight and trying to kill the enemy.
You know being an Agressive Player is realy a death wish. Well i die alot, like ALOT, When your this kind of class.

But my other class would be the: RUNNER PLAYER

Cuz i strategize some times and try my skill like that.
Doesn't go that well but U'know its not that bad to be this class.
Just have to be used to it.
0 x

Zere
Fighter
Fighter
Started SFD: 1.2.0

Post by Zere » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:29 pm

I guess that my play style is "TECHNICAL PLAYER"

I just act like doing something and wait till everyone kills each other and then I go and kill the last player standing and call my self the best.

When I fight I just GO IN by kicking the corner of the nearest object and glide towards my enemies, then I beat every single one of them (most of the times I die before I'm even able to touch them tho)

the most important thing is to have fun and not take things too seriously :)

bugs and glitches for the wins
2 x
Men ;D

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:09 pm

i have a very advanced playing style, only achievable by a select few. this technique has been passed down through generations, it is called:

camping

yes, only hosting mall and using the top bit (you know the one) as your camping set, pitch a tent, bake some smores and watch the havoc below unfold. then comes the last player, and I normally die to him.
1 x

Powerbombs
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: four dimensional lasagna
SFD Account: Powerbombs
SFD Alias: powerbomb, bomberman
Started SFD: pre alpha 1.2

Post by Powerbombs » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:05 pm

Technical player. I know how to use the box boosts, 2 second combos, and now sadly some of the glitches, Gurt fixed most of them ;(
0 x
#RemoveFlamethrower

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:14 pm

DeadlyPawn wrote:AGRESSIVE PLAYER: This player likes to keep the initiative, even in unfavorable situations he appears to shoot the opponent. This type of player is skillful near stairs and platforms and is always running around the map looking for items and chasing their enemies. This type of player plays instinctively and sometimes goes in what he wants without measuring the consequences .
Why measure the consequances when you can die in an explosion big enough to be seen from space?

Witness this maddafakkas,I'm awaited in Valhalla.
4 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Noble
Post by Noble » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:03 am

Camping players are also considered a Runner style player. It seems that nobody likes or wants to say that is Runner, although has nothing wrong about being Runner, a play style is a play style.

Btw according to my friends told me, I'm a technical player.
0 x
And I swore

AWAOS-COLD ASSASSIN
Fighter
Fighter
Title: FUN PLAYER XD
SFD Alias: MATES
Started SFD: 1.8.8

Post by AWAOS-COLD ASSASSIN » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:03 am

my style is Aggressive and movement that's all
0 x

Timmy Turner
Fighter
Fighter
Title: An Average Kid
SFD Alias: Timmy Turner/Young Legend
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.1

Post by Timmy Turner » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:26 pm

Honestly, I'm a runner player....lol if you've played with me multiple times and know how I play, you'd know by now that I'm the runner type. I HATE MELEE. I try my best to stay away from it. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not completely terrible at melee, I'd say I can handle myself pretty well in most cases but it's not my style. I'd still 'run and gun' if I had a Katana and a shotgun while you only have your bare hands. There's just something about shooting that I love, I just think it looks cooler. Tell me, would you rather shoot someone in the head and and watch them fall slowly as they die or punch them and the just fall instantly(most of the time there are no Slomo melee kills). Call me a runner if you want :lol: idc. But I'd prefer you call me a gunner 8-)
1 x
An Average Kid That No One Understands

Noble
Post by Noble » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:13 pm

There is not any problem of being a Runner, some whiners made ​​it look bad. Each one plays the way they want, there is not a right way to play. Runner is not dirty word xD
1 x
And I swore

DreTheGamer
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Big Waves
Started SFD: December 2014

Post by DreTheGamer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:55 am

My playing style has changed over the recent weeks. I have been screwing around with the levels and whatnot with others in my server because of how bad my PC is. But basically my playing style is the Technician. I like to examine my battleground along with my own character too. Usually if I see someone with a better weapon that they've just claimed I will just work my way around that person whilst taking caution of the other players in the server. Unless they're NP's or just lagging because ya'know....logic.

If you've taken note of my character in the game, he usually wears a tophat. What does this has to do with anything?
Well to me, the tophat resembles how one can be a trickster while in combat. I may have a shotgun & throw it to you, only to bombard you with a mine that's been placed down. Anything can happen with a mind like myself. Yes, I usually die...a lot.
But hey, it's the fun that counts.
0 x

Apocalyptic
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: bullet on target.
SFD Alias: |LPH| sexy chocolate
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.0/May 2013

Post by Apocalyptic » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:00 am

Well, it's obviously I'm a Runner. And I don't care if people hate that play style. If you really know how to be a Runner, it's easy to kill anybody who plays at offensive.
2 x
The End is just the beginning.

Psycho
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Fighter
SFD Alias: Psycho
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.5.0

Post by Psycho » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:38 am

TECHNICAL PLAYER

My Strategy

-Wait till everyone kills each other
-get guns,melee weapons etc
-kill players with grenades when they fight
-I use environment to my advantage
-try to kill weakest first cause I want a real fight at the end
0 x
Hey I am Psycho.
Behind Ya... Fools

Your Favorite Maniac Psycho

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:41 am

Idk what I should call it, but I wanna play fair. I don't run away, I'm not camping, and if I have op guns when not so many people left ,I prefer throwing them away. But sometimes I throw grenades in the middle of the horde, just for the gore ;)
I don't care whether I win or not, the game is a prize itself.

'A good fight is its own reward.'
-Old superfighter saying

I'm also kind of a Techincal player, I keep searching the assembly and studying how this all works. If I really want to win, I can't think this as small dudes running and fighting, I have to think it as 1's and 0's counting, hitboxes moving and code being executed. I have to think how every thing affects another. It is not fun, but results victory.
2 x

Reth
Meatbag

Post by Reth » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:56 pm

A little bit of all.

Sometimes after i get the first crate i just pick a vulnerable target and rush them down
Sometimes i decide to just play it slow, gather crates while everyone kills eachother and take out the targets with everything i gathered
Sometimes (mostly melee maps) i remain calm and wait for someone to attack me, then i block them and unleash a wave of combos that (if i have a good melee weapon) can kill them and get me out without a scratch
None of these always work of course.

When we get put into teams, i instantly come to my teammate so that we can combine our forces which leads to us winning most of the time (considering he is decent) because so many players ignore their teammates and play like its FFA.

By the descriptions you provided id say im a mix between Aggressive - Technical, sometimes one more than the other, depends how i feel like playing.
0 x

Guille_dlC
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Guille_dlC
SFD Alias: Ghost
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.6.0

Post by Guille_dlC » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:11 pm

I'm a RUNNERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
0 x
Remove melee