Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[UPDATED] ex-ill, the current state of sfd, and 10 gift account giveaways

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Post Reply
User avatar
ill
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:42 pm
Title: Bannaned
SFD Account: ill
SFD Alias: Spider
Started SFD: When Sector 8 was official
Location: hole
Gender:

[UPDATED] ex-ill, the current state of sfd, and 10 gift account giveaways

Post by ill » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:59 pm

UPDATE: The steam 60% off discount on the game is over tomorrow, so whoever else needs Sfd i urge you to contact me by sending me your Steam profile link so i can send you a friend request until the discount stops.
I need to add that this giveaway is ONGOING. I managed to pass the 10 copies mark BUT i am willing to continue giving away Sfd as gifts to whoever is worthy. Please do not hesitate to contact me on discord or here, i may not respond immediately, but i will eventually, and don't lose hope, if my situation is alright i will be able to keep this giveaway constant. If i don't think you deserve the game then I won't gift you a copy. If you show interest and respect then I'll consider you ;)

Thank you very much everyone else who participated at their own expense, like @@Rada and @Noble for gifting the game to more than 10 people in total. Thank you very much Noble and Rada, for your availability and for your charitable attitude, you're amazing!

Oh and expect that whenever SFD is on Sale on Steam, I'll most probably be able to make another giveaway. Depending on the sale. See ya around, new players.
(end of update)


I've been followed for a while by a stalker who has changed both their name, skin, and recently their steam account name to "ill"for no apparent reason. i have been ignoring this for a month but it has now started to annoy me, since he's done everything he can to make himself look like me and make my name his own for no reason whatsoever. I've tried speaking with him but he doesn't seem to care.

I realize nobody cares and my name means nothing but some old players think that the other guy is the real me and it has gotten out of hand. I'm just posting this as a heads up that he isn't really me, since SFD was posted on Steam, my name has changed from "ïll" to "Spider", and that's how it will always be. And also i know reporting this to a mod or admin wont matter since banning or kicking on blurry's means nothing. And there's no kicking him from other servers. I realize how petty this is since i'm a nobody complaining about someone else in an unpopular game... lol... it's the only game i play.

IMPORTANT
But i guess i can get into another subject now. I've been hearing that the devs themselves have sort of lost interest in the game, and from my understanding i hear it's possible that they'll abandon it in the future, planning for a "last major update", which would make me extremely sad and disappointed, if what i think it means is true. I am here to try and encourage the devs and beg them not to lose their interest, because SFD is my only favorite game in the whole video-game industry.

Dear Gurt and Hjarpe, SFD is a very fun and wonderful game. i truly mean it. Everything about this game screams action. It should be on top together with and even higher rated than CS:GO. i know that's usually said as a joke but i am as unironic as i could be. I truly believe that nothing else you could make would ever come close to reaching the same level as you've reached with Superfighters Deluxe. From having the keyboard as the only controller to the way we can so diversely customize everything in the game, it truly is a versatile and very player-friendly game. Even if you are determined to start from Zero with any other game, Barbarian Onslaught or anything else, why would you ditch the sparrow in your hand for the crow on the fence? you could miss catching the crow and you'd let go of your sparrow, and you'll have nothing then...

My concern and probably many other players' concern is that leaving the game like this, seeming as if you have lost hope and interest into it, would discourage any new players from buying a game that has a dying playerbase. I am afraid of the future of this game, since it is my only gaming interest, and the only reason i have a computer, i would feel very sad if i wouldn't have any more good players to play with...

I cant do anything significant to promote the game, and if i had the money to advertise this game i would do anything from advertising it to popular youtubers to creating short live-action films that depicted sfd as cool as possible. But i can only do what i can.

So for now i can only promote this game by buying the game as a gift on steam for whoever wants to play it but doesn't have the money or means to do so. of course i will do this to a limited amount of people, and if i am able, i will buy it for more than 10 people. PM me and let's talk. Depending on how many people contact me, i would probably be able to eventually buy the game for everyone that contacts me, so don't lose hope. BUT i will judge wether or not you deserve to ;) I am more active on discord (ill#8352). And here is my Steam profile. https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198836996275/

Better off contacting me on steam directly, add me as a friend and lets do it gamers. What are you waiting for? Get your own copy of SFD today!... or... tomorrow!

 ! Message from: Gurt
Hjarpe wrote:
First off, thanks for your concern, and it's amazing that you are being so charitable.

But please don't spread the rumour that we're abandoning the game, because that is NOT the case. We will keep supporting it and keep releasing small updates in the future. Here is the full quote of my reply in this post, relevant parts highlighted:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by ill on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 10 times in total.
8 x
Hjarpe wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:29 am
Gurt says he hates me
Gurt wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:46 pm
It happens
Lunatic wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:45 pm
haha yeah

User avatar
Rada
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:46 pm
SFD Account: Rada
SFD Alias: (LM) Rada
Started SFD: 2012

Post by Rada » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:29 am

If you are not able to get a copy of sfd, I will be able to buy few copies of sfd for anyone who can't get it, add me as a friend on steam if you don't have sfd, note I will only be able to buy 5 copies.
Last edited by Rada on Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
Does it hurt?
No, I'm just humming a little song called "Ouch!"

User avatar
Noble
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:46 pm
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Location: Brazil
Gender:

Post by Noble » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:03 am

That's really kind of you, Spider-san.
In fact, your attitude inspired me to do something for the game as well, but I think I can only buy the game for people from my region, so it's probably pointless to share it here on forums or make a dedicated topic here for this, I'll be sharing it elsewhere.
My contribution won't be as big, I'll be doing that while I'm at the same time in kind of a difficulty situation too, but I already bought the game for a few others and it animated me just how much they actually played the game, I'm pretty sure they'll make good use of this game.
I hope they see this message below tho:
Off Topic
Se você mora no Brasil e está vendo esse post por acaso, estou fazendo um Giveaway de 3 ou mais cópias de Superfighters Deluxe, me adicionem no Discord se estiverem interessados: Noble#9290.
 ! Message from: Noble
I'm sorry in advance for disrespecting the rule 4 and taking the liberty of creating this offtopic zone above, there's nothing malicious though.
5 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

User avatar
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 775
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016
Location: United States
Gender:
Age: 19
Contact:

Post by RickAvory » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:16 am

Wow. Just when I thought I was going to be doing a give away along with @ill;@Noble and @Rada have seen to beat me to it. I think I will make a seperate post about a give away after yours have completed
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

User avatar
ill
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:42 pm
Title: Bannaned
SFD Account: ill
SFD Alias: Spider
Started SFD: When Sector 8 was official
Location: hole
Gender:

Post by ill » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:57 am

@Noble, @Rada, @RickAvory

Wow thank you guys, thank you for the support. I've been contacted by 3 people already, it's going great, and i can keep going. Thankfully the game is 60% off until the 9th of July, so i advise you if you do any giveaways do them now. Still, I'll try to be the main guy, so if you have any friends yourselves that need this game, send them my steam profile. Thanks guys, its nice to see people trying to make a change.
1 x
Hjarpe wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:29 am
Gurt says he hates me
Gurt wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:46 pm
It happens
Lunatic wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:45 pm
haha yeah

User avatar
Noble
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:46 pm
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Location: Brazil
Gender:

Post by Noble » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:24 am

RickAvory wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:16 am
Wow. Just when I thought I was going to be doing a give away along with @ill;@Noble and @Rada have seen to beat me to it. I think I will make a seperate post about a give away after yours have completed
Make it now, we could transform this on a massive giveaway. Now's the best time since SFD is 60% off due to Summer Sales.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Gevitt
Meatbag
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:35 pm
SFD Account: Popoxz
Gender:

Post by Gevitt » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:58 pm

@ill https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198890978428/ here is my steam add me I can not add you and my discord is this Gevitt#1357
1 x

User avatar
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:02 pm
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time
Gender:
Age: 29
Contact:

Post by Hjarpe » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:22 pm

First off, thanks for your concern, and it's amazing that you are being so charitable.

But please don't spread the rumour that we're abandoning the game, because that is NOT the case. We will keep supporting it and keep releasing small updates in the future. Here is the full quote of my reply in this post, relevant parts highlighted:
Hjarpe wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:30 pm
It's true that we haven't made enough money to quit our dayjobs yet. Lack of time has always been the main problem facing the game. We obviously don't have the sort of momentum and energy we would have if we could work on it full-time.

It's also true we aren't as hands-on with our community as some other devs are, mainly due to said lack of time and partly due to my introverted (Swedish) personality. We're more comfortable focusing our attention on the game itself and using the forum to respond to your questions and broadcast information. Juggling other platforms like Discord I feel would add stress to our lives.

As for the player count, we're not ignoring the problem. We obviously won't let the game die. But we're not interested in doing microtransactions, so free-to-play is our very last resort. We have other cards to play before it comes to that. Our priority after the next update is expanding to as many other PC platforms as possible besides Steam. This will increase our exposure and hopefully inject some fresh blood into the playerbase.

The current situation for me personally is that working on the next campaign is swallowing pretty much all my time and mental energy. It's almost done, and it's gonna be great (I think!) but it's becoming clear that the "investment return" on campaigns isn't great. Instead of spending months on something most players will experience only once or twice, the same amount of time could have been spent on smaller pieces of content with more value to players.

With this in mind, it looks as though this next update will be the last big update we release for SFD. Partly because 7+ years working on anything seems long enough, and 3 campaigns seems like a respectable number. In short, we want to move on and focus our attention on our next game pretty soon. BUT...

Even though SFD won't be our main project, we'll try to inject life into it with small updates now and then. As we get a bit of distance from it, we may be able to see more clearly what needs to be tweaked for balance and what small things can be added that will have the biggest effect on the game. Quality over quantity, in other words. And if we get the funding we need to work full-time, we'll be able to do a lot more in this regard - new maps, challenges, weapons, customization items, etc. We'll see!


Sorry if this was a rather rambly response. There are a lot of factors to this, and we're still very much in the thick of it. We'll know more after we release the next update and have a nice, much-needed vacation.
7 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

User avatar
ill
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:42 pm
Title: Bannaned
SFD Account: ill
SFD Alias: Spider
Started SFD: When Sector 8 was official
Location: hole
Gender:

Post by ill » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:03 pm

Hjarpe wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:22 pm
First off, thanks for your concern, and it's amazing that you are being so charitable.

But please don't spread the rumour that we're abandoning the game, because that is NOT the case. We will keep supporting it and keep releasing small updates in the future. Here is the full quote of my reply in this post, relevant parts highlighted:
Hjarpe wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:30 pm
It's true that we haven't made enough money to quit our dayjobs yet. Lack of time has always been the main problem facing the game. We obviously don't have the sort of momentum and energy we would have if we could work on it full-time.

It's also true we aren't as hands-on with our community as some other devs are, mainly due to said lack of time and partly due to my introverted (Swedish) personality. We're more comfortable focusing our attention on the game itself and using the forum to respond to your questions and broadcast information. Juggling other platforms like Discord I feel would add stress to our lives.

As for the player count, we're not ignoring the problem. We obviously won't let the game die. But we're not interested in doing microtransactions, so free-to-play is our very last resort. We have other cards to play before it comes to that. Our priority after the next update is expanding to as many other PC platforms as possible besides Steam. This will increase our exposure and hopefully inject some fresh blood into the playerbase.

The current situation for me personally is that working on the next campaign is swallowing pretty much all my time and mental energy. It's almost done, and it's gonna be great (I think!) but it's becoming clear that the "investment return" on campaigns isn't great. Instead of spending months on something most players will experience only once or twice, the same amount of time could have been spent on smaller pieces of content with more value to players.

With this in mind, it looks as though this next update will be the last big update we release for SFD. Partly because 7+ years working on anything seems long enough, and 3 campaigns seems like a respectable number. In short, we want to move on and focus our attention on our next game pretty soon. BUT...

Even though SFD won't be our main project, we'll try to inject life into it with small updates now and then. As we get a bit of distance from it, we may be able to see more clearly what needs to be tweaked for balance and what small things can be added that will have the biggest effect on the game. Quality over quantity, in other words. And if we get the funding we need to work full-time, we'll be able to do a lot more in this regard - new maps, challenges, weapons, customization items, etc. We'll see!


Sorry if this was a rather rambly response. There are a lot of factors to this, and we're still very much in the thick of it. We'll know more after we release the next update and have a nice, much-needed vacation.
Thank you Hjarpe, i do not want to spread this rumor, its more like i was influenced by some other negative players, but either way i am happy to know that you and Gurt won't abandon it, what i am afraid of is the community itself, the playerbase. If some have a negative mentality or a bad outlook for the game, they'll bring the majority down. It's the players am concerned of. this is why i wanted to start this small giveaway, to positively advertise the game. Thanks to the 60% discount, it is easier for some of us to easily buy gift copies for multiple players! we're able to gift a game to about 3 players each, when we would normally only be able to gift one.
3 x
Hjarpe wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:29 am
Gurt says he hates me
Gurt wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:46 pm
It happens
Lunatic wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:45 pm
haha yeah

Post Reply