Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Why this game is not fun (for me)

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Armolitskiy
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Armolitskiy
Why this game is not fun (for me)

Post by Armolitskiy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:50 am

I'm new. I tried this game and at first I really liked it. Then I started playing on the servers. There I lost a lot and a lot, but they (players) helped me and taught me some tricks. Unfortunately, it did not help me and to this day I lose. I believe that this is not only because of my poor playing skills, but also because of the small number of servers, because of professional players who do not want to give in, do not want to play not like a pro. I also create my maps and it brings me pleasure, but when I play against players not of my skill (there are no servers for noobs here), I do not get pleasure. I do not understand how to fix it? I do not understand what is wrong. How to have fun? Maybe there are so many professionals on the servers?

Sorry for my bad English
2 x
I HATE PRO PLAYERS

Lamgiabao
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Haha!I don't have any title...
SFD Account: 666:B14c
Started SFD: Beta 1.0.2c

Post by Lamgiabao » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:56 am

I played SFD for about 3 years ago and I still not a PRO player at this game, I am not good at English too Bcause I am Vietnamese. :]
1 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:48 pm

After all these years I still find enjoyment in making scripts and rarely working on some maps (and even more rarely they get released), I'm not a good player against medium-high skill players but despite this I can still enjoy playing sometime with a friend, no matter what will happen in terms of win/loses, I will continue to laugh at silly random events like the first time I started playing SFD.

The real pleasure is not winning or loosing, what really matter is playing just for fun with people you're comfortable with, if the server players are toxic or rough this won't help at all, all you need to do is to try to play with a good friend, you really need only one, but a good one, that enjoys games like SFD, I survived like so, and when I can't play with him I will limit myself in other previously said activities, plus, I can play with bots to avoid becoming too rusty.
2 x

Cabo_Fiambre
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Cabo_Fiambre » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:51 pm

I'm like you, unfortunately tryhards are common in SFD and this can be very annoying (A tryhard is a person that takes too seriously a game and plays in a competitive style). Whenever a tryhard enters a server i just leave and try to find another one and if this doesn't work i play with bots or i enter the map editor and make some maps.
2 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:55 pm

Due to being busy, I hadn’t been able to play for around 3 months. That mixed with an injury to my shoulder and a twitch in my wrist it is quite hard to get my groove back. It is frustrating, however that new drive to get back to my previous state is keeping me from quitting. I recommend setting a goal for yourself. It will help you have more of a desire to play.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:56 pm

Armolitskiy wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:50 am
I'm new. I tried this game and at first I really liked it. Then I started playing on the servers. There I lost a lot and a lot, but they (players) helped me and taught me some tricks. Unfortunately, it did not help me and to this day I lose. I believe that this is not only because of my poor playing skills, but also because of the small number of servers, because of professional players who do not want to give in, do not want to play not like a pro. I also create my maps and it brings me pleasure, but when I play against players not of my skill (there are no servers for noobs here), I do not get pleasure. I do not understand how to fix it? I do not understand what is wrong. How to have fun? Maybe there are so many professionals on the servers?

Sorry for my bad English
get good at the game. gurt removed exploits that would have made your life a living hell - something i strongly disagree with but that's another topic. so just play. i have like 350+ hours. you gotta dedicate time to see results, my friend.
2 x
-Evilsack

Tuesday
Meatbag
Title: Incompetent Hyena
SFD Account: Tuesday
Started SFD: September 2016
Post by Tuesday » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:54 am

I never played Superfighters competitively. Rarely ever do I play to win. Honestly, this game is best enjoyed if you treat it like Gang Beasts, for example. Sure, you can delve into the serious fighting aspect of it, but there's nothing more enjoyable than hopping on Discord with some friends and having a good time. If you've watched my videos (I'll leave a link below. It follows the rules because it's related to the topic!), you'll know I love blowing up. Not even blowing up others and claiming victory, but seeing my character fly across the map. It's just hilarious to me. Dumb fun, cheap thrills, what more do you need in a game? Things like deathrun are beyond enjoyable.

I don't know, man, but I say stay out of the competitive scene. It may be fun to you, but it really is one of the most toxic communities I've seen. To be completely honest, I'm extremely isolated from the SFD community because of that fact. I was talking to someone on Discord the other day and we really don't play the same game. He enjoys insulting those he beats, and I love tackling my enemy into acid, even though I die, too.

https://youtu.be/0v6G63D6Jrk

You're welcome to play with me if you'd like.
1 x
Don't mind me, I'm just a humble mongoloid wrangler.
Subscribe to Tuesday on YouTube.

Jovani
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Heroe
SFD Account: Jovani
SFD Alias: Johnny
Started SFD: 2014
Post by Jovani » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:41 am

In game there are no dedicated servers for new players who barely understand the game, most players are skilled and servers for "new players" are very scarce and turn out to be high ping. I could recommend you that may be an map maker, script creator, SFD drawing artist or try to make friends (not everyone are bad) and make funny moments with them.
0 x
-I hope one day to have green ping on most servers...
-SFD is a good game that inspired people to make friends, be artists and "YouTubers". I hope one day SFD becomes famous and everyone recognizes it.

Scout[tf2]
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Map maker
SFD Account: Scout(tf2)
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.0

Post by Scout[tf2] » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:50 am

Well, hello there Armolitskiy, you know who I am and what Im capable of. Yes, sfd community mostly consists of veterans who started playing this game from 2015 or earlier and become server hosts over the years, you should learn how to accept your defeat. There is no way to win every single match (atleast if you playing against mediocre or good players). Also, you mention that "professional players who do not want to give in", im not going to speak for everybody, only for myself. In my case, I just got used to repeat my combo's and I cant force myself to play in other way, believe me I want to give others chance but I just cant. Even in my 1000+ hours (700 steam and 300 early versions) I still can be easily defeated by other veterans. Your only way to "fix" your problem is to train, it might take days, weeks or even months.
1 x
I need MOAR HADZ!

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Scout[tf2] wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:50 am
Well, hello there Armolitskiy, you know who I am and what Im capable of. Yes, sfd community mostly consists of veterans who started playing this game from 2015 or earlier and become server hosts over the years, you should learn how to accept your defeat. There is no way to win every single match (atleast if you playing against mediocre or good players). Also, you mention that "professional players who do not want to give in", im not going to speak for everybody, only for myself. In my case, I just got used to repeat my combo's and I cant force myself to play in other way, believe me I want to give others chance but I just cant. Even in my 1000+ hours (700 steam and 300 early versions) I still can be easily defeated by other veterans. Your only way to "fix" your problem is to train, it might take days, weeks or even months.
Spoken like a true Superfighter. I don't like to give in either, especially to other players who get mad when they loose. They have to improve, not quit.

Also, it takes years :ugeek:
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png