Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[POLL] New SFD players - are you intimidated by higher bot tiers?

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.

Will you be less willing to play on a server with higher bot levels?

I am more likely to play with high-tier (Hard-Expert) bots because I like the challenge.
80%
I am not intimidated by high bot tiers and don't mind playing with bots regardless of their level.
20%
I would prefer it if bots sticked to the lower difficulty tiers (Easy-Normal).
No votes
I am only willing to play against low-tier bots (Easy).
No votes
I don't like playing with bots and won't stay in a server that has them playing in it.
No votes

Total votes: 10

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

[POLL] New SFD players - are you intimidated by higher bot tiers?

Post by KliPeH » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:27 pm

This question is mainly aimed at players who started playing SFD after it has been released on Steam with no past or very little experience with it prior to that.

It seems that people simply do not like sticking around whenever I host games. They'll join the server for a few seconds and then leave immediately afterwards. Granted, I am a veteran player, but they can't see that as soon as they join the game. What they can see, however, is me fighting against 4 Expert-level bots. I can take them on fairly easily, but I do realize Expert bots use almost all possible melee tricks to give them an edge over real players and once they do get a ranged weapon their accuracy is unmatched.

My question is, if you, as a new player, were to enter a server filled with Expert-level bots, would that intimidate you? Would you be less willing to participate in a game with high tier bots as opposed to the lower tiers? What tier do you think matches your skill level best? Do you like playing versus bots, or would you prefer to join a (relatively) empty server with only 1-2 people in it?

Thanks for your feedback.
[ Link to Steam discussion ]
4 x

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:36 pm

I'm shaking in my boots!
2 x