Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Rocket Rider 2 is insanely hard

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
The Potatolord
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: The Potatolord

Rocket Rider 2 is insanely hard

Post by The Potatolord » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:51 am

Just gave up after 2 hours. Like, how do you do it? I think it is way too hard especially compared to the other tier 3 challenges. Make it tier 10 or something, or increase the time limit i beg you
0 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:54 am

Are you sure the Rocket Rider 2 was harder than the Police Escape and Meatgrinder one? If you finished them, you may have done very well but just not be very good at rocket riding, YET.
Keep trying, look for the best trajectory for you, you're probably accomplishing this in no time if you don't give up.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:25 am

I seriously dont think Rocket Rider 2 was nearly as hard as Meatgrinder and Police Escape. I have no idea why people are having issues with this rocket ride one. I guess rocket riding is a foreign mechanic and could be hard for newer players to pick up
1 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:23 am

Noble wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:54 am
Are you sure the Rocket Rider 2 was harder than the Police Escape and Meatgrinder one? If you finished them, you may have done very well but just not be very good at rocket riding, YET.
Keep trying, look for the best trajectory for you, you're probably accomplishing this in no time if you don't give up.
RickAvory wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:25 am
I seriously dont think Rocket Rider 2 was nearly as hard as Meatgrinder and Police Escape. I have no idea why people are having issues with this rocket ride one. I guess rocket riding is a foreign mechanic and could be hard for newer players to pick up
Rocket Rider 2 is definitely the most difficult challenge in the roster. The rider is difficult to control and the map design (Alley specifically, the first iteration wasn't as difficult to beat) doesn't leave much room for error.
Off Topic
Meatgrinder took me many attempts to beat but the moment I tried it I realized I can beat it if I'm being smart about it since there's a specific ruleset that makes the challenge very consistent - the most important one being dropped weapons break and the AI doesn't get to use them if it is disarmed.

Then there's positioning - bots will stay in place unless their weapon is broken, so your task is first and foremost forcing them into a melee engagement by disarming them of their ranged weaponry. You only have one melee weapon, but it's unbreakable - very important because the entire mob that will consequentially follow you if you break its weapons won't bend from a few punches.

You only disarm enemies if they happen to aim at you, though, which isn't instantaneous, so if you charge at them and start hitting them right away you will only deal chip damage while getting blasted from all other directions, putting you at a loss. You also have to consider this while attacking, those few splits of seconds where the AI only notices you and doesn't lock onto you with its weapons.

That's that for timing, then there's the order at which you attack the enemies - the ones standing farthest/highest up are the most dangerous, so you must gradually inch closer as you neutralize the nearest threat.

Then there's the fact one bot won't shoot at another, so if you angle yourself just right you take minimal damage while setting yourself up for a weaponless endgame. You also quickly realize you can manipulate corpses into improvised cover set-pieces, and that the platform in the middle of the stage is just short enough to throw a few bodies up there to last you an entire siege from the right side of the map, thus you utilize the grab and the kick moves to progress further and closer to victory.

There are so many things to consider and the challenge is so unique and so "think outside of the box" I cannot help but appreciate it. Show me another challenge that made you utilize almost all the mechanics unique to this game and that made you truly consider all your options before engaging. Once I got the gist of it I quickly formed a plan and that was the end of that.
I digress. You can form a flight-path in Rocket Rider but the rider will still be difficult to control and the controls will still be too sensitive to deal with. That's a whole other degree of skill needed to win. You can try checking this thread to see if any of the information helps you, I still feel my own victory was completely coincidental.
0 x

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:31 am

I mean, it's hard, but definitely not the hardest challenge.
Also, I think it's good to have something at that level of difficulty.
1 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:10 pm

meatgrinder before nerf > rocket rider 2
0 x
-Evilsack

TheBlackshot
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Trigger-Black
SFD Alias: Blackshot
Started SFD: Winter 12/13

Post by TheBlackshot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:16 pm

meatgrinder and police escape took me like 5 tries, rocket rider I tried with my controller for like 30 times, with keyboard another 20-25. I had the same route as Danger Ross on that post all along.
Evilsack wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:10 pm
What nerf exactly?
0 x
Blame the game, not the player

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:36 pm

TheBlackshot wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:16 pm
meatgrinder and police escape took me like 5 tries, rocket rider I tried with my controller for like 30 times, with keyboard another 20-25. I had the same route as Danger Ross on that post all along.
Evilsack wrote:
What nerf exactly?
They made the bots at a lower proficiency if I’m correct.
2 x

TheBlackshot
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Trigger-Black
SFD Alias: Blackshot
Started SFD: Winter 12/13

Post by TheBlackshot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:48 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:36 pm
TheBlackshot wrote:
Evilsack wrote:
What nerf exactly?
they seemed hesitant to shoot so i'd believe that
0 x
Blame the game, not the player

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:20 pm

TheBlackshot wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:48 pm
RickAvory wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:36 pm
TheBlackshot wrote:

What nerf exactly?
they seemed hesitant to shoot so i'd believe that
I believe the chainsaw also used to be breakable.
2 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:46 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:23 am
Noble wrote:
RickAvory wrote:
Rocket Rider 2 is definitely the most difficult challenge in the roster.
It definitely is, and it's torture, the kind that makes you go "fuck this game".

The other challenges as klipeh mentioned have some strategy to them like in meatgrinder, where you have to disarm everyone so they're only left with melee, it doesn't just require mechanical skill, it also requires you to actually think it through and devise a strategy.

The Rocket Rider challenges however, require pure mechanical skill, you're often too busy trying to learn how to rocket ride rather than find an optimal flight path, and it's difficulty is on a whole another level compared to most of the other challenge levels, and on top of that it asks you to master a whole other mechanic in the span of only 2 damn challenges.

I'm not requesting to remove the Rocket Rider challenges, I just think it should require more than just raw mechanical skill, so instead, I think the devs should give the player a 5 second slo-mo to add an additional factor (like a dilemma where the player might go, "should I use the slo-mo now?" "or should I use it in that one part I particularly suck at?"), or maybe add a second or two to the timer once the player destroys a target, but if the slo-mo and/or the "extra time" additions make it too easy, just add a few more targets, I wouldn't mind as long as the challenge becomes more than just boring repetition, and replaces the coincidental feel of the victory to actually making you feel like you earned it.
2 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:41 pm

StarNord wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:46 pm
KliPeH wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:23 am
Noble wrote:
RickAvory wrote:
Rocket Rider 2 is definitely the most difficult challenge in the roster.
It definitely is, and it's torture, the kind that makes you go "fuck this game".

The other challenges as klipeh mentioned have some strategy to them like in meatgrinder, where you have to disarm everyone so they're only left with melee, it doesn't just require mechanical skill, it also requires you to actually think it through and devise a strategy.

The Rocket Rider challenges however, require pure mechanical skill, you're often too busy trying to learn how to rocket ride rather than find an optimal flight path, and it's difficulty is on a whole another level compared to most of the other challenge levels, and on top of that it asks you to master a whole other mechanic in the span of only 2 damn challenges.

I'm not requesting to remove the Rocket Rider challenges, I just think it should require more than just raw mechanical skill, so instead, I think the devs should give the player a 5 second slo-mo to add an additional factor (like a dilemma where the player might go, "should I use the slo-mo now?" "or should I use it in that one part I particularly suck at?"), or maybe add a second or two to the timer once the player destroys a target, but if the slo-mo and/or the "extra time" additions make it too easy, just add a few more targets, I wouldn't mind as long as the challenge becomes more than just boring repetition, and replaces the coincidental feel of the victory to actually making you feel like you earned it.
I think slo motion would be a misstep, what I would advocate for however would be the lack of (or higher) timer, that way you can set up the tragectery for your targets better instead of having to rush it.
0 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:39 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:41 pm
I think slo motion would be a misstep, what I would advocate for however would be the lack of (or increasing) the timer, that way you can set up the trajectory for your targets better instead of having to rush it.
I think slo-mo would be good if time still progressed normally while you had slo-mo on, this would reward players who did well at the start by them having more time to use the slo-mo and not having to worry about fucking it all up by the end, it'll also mean that players can figure out which trajectory takes less time by slowing the game down, but that doesn't mean that slo-mo will stay on forever, players will also have to get used to adapting to the transition from slo-mo to real-time.
1 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Spah
Meatbag
SFD Account: spah
Post by Spah » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:29 am

Ik if you complete rocket rider 2, you unlock aviator hat 2. i was wondering what it looks like, It maybe is on the alpha version and i forgot since i've haven't play this game for 3 years.
0 x

Lone
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Lone

Post by Lone » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:57 pm

RickAvory wrote:
I played this game for 5 years and I do not know how to ride a rocket
0 x
Believe me, this pain you're feeling will only get worse.

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:58 pm

Lone wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:57 pm
I played this game for 5 years and I do not know how to ride a rocket
I feel you, although once you do finally complete this cursed challenge you suddenly find yourself actually being able to kill players by riding rockets into them in regular matches after you've been trained to do so by this challenge.
0 x

Lamgiabao
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Haha!I don't have any title...
SFD Account: 666:B14c
Started SFD: Beta 1.0.2c

Post by Lamgiabao » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:23 am

Use Cheat Engine to slow down th game and Rocket Rider and Rocket Rider 2 is very ez
I completed it with Eheat Engine.
0 x