Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Inconsistent logo perspective

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
psychotherapist
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: psychotherapist
SFD Alias: krameraad
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.8.8

Inconsistent logo perspective

Post by psychotherapist » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:57 pm

This is something that's been bothering me ever since I found out about the game. Why is the perspective on the logo so wonky?
I decided to put the logo in an image editor and I drew some lines to help illustrate my point.
The red lines are drawn along the letters. They don't meet in any vanishing point, while logically they should.
The cyan lines are how it should actually be oriented, so they meet in the yellow vanishing point.

Of course, some kinds of projection don't need a vanishing point. In an orthographic projection for example, lines that are parallel in real life are parallel in the drawing and therefore don't meet anywhere.

But in the SFD logo, I don't think an orthographic projection really applies. Otherwise, it would sort of look like this (very sloppy example, I know, but you get the idea):

Maybe it's intentional? If so, I wonder why? Is it a reference to something? The letter 'I' in the middle of 'SUPERFIGHTERS' seems oddly important now, because it looks like it doesn't know what projection it's supposed to be using...
3 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:19 pm

Towering into the blackened skies above were colossal letters, a million stories high, builded from Cyclopean blocks of unfathomable size. And the strange, obscene, non-Euclidian angles of their architecture so puzzled and befuddled my eyes that even as I gazed upon those evil monoliths I could feel my sanity crumbling away. No doubt these eldritch abominations had been raised untold aeons ago by the inhuman, gibbering masons of dreaming R'lyeh!

In front of the letters there hung a pink neon sign...
18 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.