Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Questions for the Devs

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Questions for the Devs

Post by RickAvory » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:15 am

I am unaware if their is anywhere on this forum where I can find this information, if their is I cant find it hence this post.

1. When will the campaigns be released? Of course I am not a game developer and I do not know how long these things take however I am sure everyone is waiting on the edge of their seats for the Update.

2.Their are some rumors going around that once the release of Campaigns that the game will be out of alpha and completed, is this true?

3. I am aware that once the game is finished their will be a price tag on this game. How much where you thinking making it?

4. Is their going to be a discount for the long time players of the game? Not saying that the price tag is a big deal for me since I love this game and will probably end up buying it none the less however i feel like a heavy price tag will ruin the community of SFD due to a free game becoming costly.

5. If not a discount will us players get some sort of reward or hat or clothing or something to signify that we have been on before its release? I feel like i would enjoy some symbol of being apart of the game before its release.

I know these are a lot of questions, some you might not even know the answer to yet, but I would appreciate the response.
Thanks, Rick
2 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:39 am

Most of your questions were answered here, I think: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=621
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:57 pm

Noble wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:39 am
Unfortunately that doesn’t answer any of my questions. It goes into depth about how the game will be situated during its beta and release. Thanks though.
Noble wrote:
Actually I apologise, they do mention the 10 Euro price. But it doesnt really answer anythig else
Last edited by KliPeH on Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged a double post.
1 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:17 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:59 pm
Noble wrote:
Actually I apologise, they do mention the 10 Euro price. But it doesnt really answer anythig else
► Show Spoiler
1 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:22 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:17 pm
RickAvory wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:59 pm
Noble wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Lol ok then, you actually did answer most of my questions. But i was asking what will the feature that will finish the game. And what is this beta free beta thing etc
0 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:16 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:22 pm
Lol ok then, you actually did answer most of my questions. But i was asking what will the feature that will finish the game. And what is this beta free beta thing etc
It's faster to read the thread than to write a post and wait for an answer. All the things you asked were there and still are there in the Devs' roadmap and business plan thread. The "feature that will finish the game" is not important because we're nowhere near finished. One can only assume the listed alpha/beta features have to be in the game for the game to enter the "full version" phase, so until then we can still expect to see local MP, new gamemodes and proper AI. Don't rush the process.
1 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Basically, about what's confunding you: Once the bots and basic AI are made, they are going to release the Beta version,
► Show Spoiler
Hjarpe stated when the first version of the bots will be released, dunno if along with that the Beta version will come or this going to be an alpha update yet.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by RickAvory » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:38 pm

Noble wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:01 pm
Basically, about what's confunding you: Once the bots and basic AI are made, they are going to release the Beta version,
► Show Spoiler
Hjarpe stated when the first version of the bots will be released, dunno if along with that the Beta version will come or this going to be an alpha update yet.
This explains it better. Thank you.
KliPeH wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:16 pm
RickAvory wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:22 pm
It's faster to read the thread than to write a post and wait for an answer. All the things you asked were there and still are there in the Devs' roadmap and business plan thread. The "feature that will finish the game" is not important because we're nowhere near finished. One can only assume the listed alpha/beta features have to be in the game for the game to enter the "full version" phase, so until then we can still expect to see local MP, new gamemodes and proper AI. Don't rush the process.
Apologies, of course im going to skin a long post like that as most the info in that is not important to me.
Last edited by KliPeH on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged a double post.
1 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:04 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:38 pm
Apologies, of course im going to skin a long post like that as most the info in that is not important to me.
>"of course i'm going to skip a long post like that"
>says "of course" as if everyone comes to a forum to skip the reading
>a forum, a medium that primarily revolves around written text
>"most of the info is not important to me"
>goes on to write a thread asking where the skipped info can be found

I really just don't understand the thought process of some people.
Locked.
3 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:09 am

In response to RickAvory's questions: These things are subject to change in time, but KliPeH is right that the roadmap is our most current answer, though we are planning to announce some new ideas soon.
Noble wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:01 pm
This will also be answered very soon.
1 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.