Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[SHOWCASE] some textures i've made over the last 2 years

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

[SHOWCASE] some textures i've made over the last 2 years

Post by KliPeH » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:27 am

hello, it is me your favorite moderator again.

here's some stuff i made over the last couple of years. this is mostly a showcase of weapons i made for personal use or in preparation to be put in a pack i never ended up making. these won't have an organized download page because none of the textures are fully finished (none have throwing textures since they were made pre-throwing-update, for example). you can draw inspiration from these and duplicate them/publish them on your own. i came to realize i simply cannot be arsed to finish these myself so you can just go ahead and grab them now.

i would rather not have to finish them for you but if you're actually interested still let me know in case i have time to make playable versions of them for you. alternatively you can admire the custom work and read my commentary no strings attached; i will post image previews of all the textures for your comfort (spoiler'd everything to conserve space). some weapons were supposed to be put into a realistic/modern weapon pack while others were made for fun without a particular theme in mind.

modern assault rifle pack
► Show Spoiler
compact conversion pack
► Show Spoiler
titanfall-inspired pack
► Show Spoiler
PUBG pack
► Show Spoiler
EDIT: oh yeah also here's a little thing i made to celebrate the addition of the then-new chain weapon. it's a joke texture and it's actually awful. it's an embarrassment to have on the site and call it my own creation. you'll love it. you can download it here (also a weapon preview in .gif form).
► Show Spoiler
i know it's not a whole lotta stuff but that's what i did so far. there were actually a couple more and a whole bunch of ideas, all of which i ended up scrapping in the end. i hope you took something out of this, and if you haven't i hope you've had a decent time reading through my 1am rambling. feel free to post constructive feedback or just tell me the textures are garbage which is also fine because i will admit they're bulky and blocky and possibly too big to comfortably use in SFD routinely

take care for now
3 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:00 am

These textures are very good.

can you finish titan fall texture pack and make it available for downloading? it would be cool if you do.
and the snek chainm i won't lie, i still use it from the day you put it on the site.
2 x

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Account: Sh4d0w
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:51 pm

Man, these skins look badass. I fucking love 'em.
1 x
at least i've got my signature

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Sorry I dint read from start.

You made those?
0 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Pricey » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:47 pm

Tom Th3 Assasin wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:29 pm
Sorry I dint read from start.

You made those?
no he didnt lol he just made a thread to showcase other people's creations without giving credit
3 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Tom Th3 Assasin wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:29 pm
You made those?
indeed

Sree wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:00 am
can you finish titan fall texture pack and make it available for downloading? it would be cool if you do.
it's my most recent texture work actually, i made the 3 weapons you see up there last week
might continue working on it as i see fit, i ran into a wall with the tommygun texture so i stopped
i also hate creating textures that aren't SMGs or ARs; i don't like sniper rifles or machineguns in videogames generally and that also translates into SFD. i will probably never complete any pack for this very reason. i'm simply not interested in these textures.

thanks for the compliments otherwise, all of you :heart:
2 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:39 pm

so since my good pal sree asked for the titanfall pack to be expanded i have updated the textures and added some more to the pack bringing it closer to completion. in my honest opinion this is no longer a titanfall pack but a futuristic weapon pack of sorts; the weapons look nothing like their titanfall counterparts, even though they were inspired by them.

either way, with these textures added you can safely abandon all hope of this actually becoming a usable pack in SFD. these models are fucking massive; there's no way you could make them smaller without significantly downgrading the quality of the sprites. i abstained from doing that because these textures are only a demo, but you are free to do with them what you will.

the OP has been updated accordingly. enjoy.
► Show Spoiler
4 x

Noble
SFD Alias: |LPH| Nobel
Started SFD: I'm a newbie, teach me well ;3

Post by Noble » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:00 am

Holy, I didn't saw that masterpiece. I wanna test it tho I don't know how to do that, it looks really good and my kind of texture, I wonder how it looks like in a superfighter's hand?
0 x
♫ I won't walk into the gates of hell just yet
Though it's where I belong ♪

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:12 pm

as any other story of mine starts, i was bored out of my mind. i was playing PUBG at the time and, taking a quick break from the game with SFD, i thought to myself "huh, PUBG has quite the modern weapon variety i like. so does SFD. you know how SFD's spriting is perfectly in tune with its theme and fits the game's universe just the way it is currently implemented? what if i made it not that?"

and so i did, except my spriting isn't much better and i didn't create the Ultimate Gaming Experience™ i wanted because my sprites don't all have the variants needed for them to be used in game. but, well, the base is there, and i do lowkey intend to finish the pack now that creating textures is less of a pain than it used to be.

here's my progress so far:
► Show Spoiler
the pack contains the following (kinda from top to bottom):
► Show Spoiler
i have intentionally created multiple variants for each (SFD) weapon because, as some of you may already know, the beta contains new weapons in some weapon categories, allowing said multiple variants to be used in combination with each other. i have added the pack to the OP and will continue working on it to provide both myself and you a working texture pack to be used in-game. the pack will also provide a Language_default.xml file to change the in-game weapon names to reflect upon the change of the new weapon models.

assuming i finish this in the near future the pack will not be available for non-beta players. sorry! i really need those weapon alternatives.
0 x

EleventhSymbol
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Pixel Arts and Bullets
SFD Alias: SJTLIII
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.3.1
Post by EleventhSymbol » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:00 pm

I love these! Really hoping some more real life modern guns get into the game.
0 x
Save the whales.