Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Will Pre-Alpha players get anything in the final game ?

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
RustyCage
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Here's...Rusty...fuck that's o
SFD Alias: Maniac
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.3.1
Will Pre-Alpha players get anything in the final game ?

Post by RustyCage » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:25 pm

So will players like me and other older players get anything for staying with this game for so long ? Ok so I pay 10 euros and get the final game.Will I get something that will separate me from the new players ? Like additional clothing pieces(can we get a half cyborg face as an accessory,or another kevlar vest or maybe a robot-arm for chest over),maybe additional colors(for the gas mask 1 for example,we can get new colors for the eyes like black or something) Anyways there are loads of things you can do.
0 x
Killing is nothing...it's how you do it that matters

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:45 pm

I don't see it happening. They didn't force us to play, we're really just test dummies. The reward you get is watching something you were part of become well...something. "Yea, I contributed to the creation of that game!"
1 x
-Evilsack

RustyCage
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Here's...Rusty...fuck that's o
SFD Alias: Maniac
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.3.1
Post by RustyCage » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Evilsack wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:45 pm
I don't see it happening. They didn't force us to play, we're really just test dummies. The reward you get is watching something you were part of become well...something. "Yea, I contributed to the creation of that game!"
I know,but still it would be nice to see,at least something saying that you were a pre-alpha tester.
0 x
Killing is nothing...it's how you do it that matters

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:07 pm

RustyCage wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:57 pm
Evilsack wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:45 pm
I know,but still it would be nice to see,at least something saying that you were a pre-alpha tester.
There's no way to distinguish who is and who isn't a Pre-Alpha player, and even so, this is highly unrealistic.
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:06 pm

RustyCage wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:57 pm
A Pre-Alpha is as much "for the players" as it is for the devs. Players are looking to spend time on a game they find interesting or enjoyable, and devs are looking to improve a product to a point where they can sell it. They can get constructive feedback if they test said product on live targets before putting it out on the market. They mainly want to see how the game plays with certain features added or removed from it and what effects different changes have; that's among other things, such as what kind of players their game attracts and how the playerbase reacts to different propositions. It's also a stage where they actively seek and destroy bugs, glitches and exploits to better the future playing experience.

Establishing a strong community is important, but we're only at the beginning of that stage. We're essentially taking part in an experiment; "participation awards" are sometimes given, but that doesn't necessarily mean we should be expecting them. The "real deal" starts when the game is ready to be displayed on an official storefront with a price tag - where "participation awards" are often converted into season passes, DLCs, micro-transactions and so on. I'm not saying that's going to happen, just that it's a possibility. Perhaps the devs will want you to "separate from the new players" by buying these skins and accessories, not by willingly tapping into the development process.
2 x

Morpheus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: No Spoon?
SFD Account: Morpheus
SFD Alias: Morpheus
Started SFD: Web Version

Post by Morpheus » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:29 pm

RustyCage wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:25 pm
So will players like me and other older players get anything for staying with this game for so long ? Ok so I pay 10 euros and get the final game.Will I get something that will separate me from the new players ? Like additional clothing pieces(can we get a half cyborg face as an accessory,or another kevlar vest or maybe a robot-arm for chest over),maybe additional colors(for the gas mask 1 for example,we can get new colors for the eyes like black or something) Anyways there are loads of things you can do.
As Pricey said, there is no real way to distinguish between Pre Alpha players and newly arrived players.
To be honest, playing the game is like a gift from devs for releasing this unique and so addicting concept put into
a game like Superfighters for us guys to play FREELY in the last few years. We need to show our thanks and support
by BUYING the game. The game is a gift itself in return for us Pre-Alpha Players when it's bought. ;)
2 x
Physics, is the real red pill.

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:06 pm

I agree. I'm a relatively old player myself, and it seems the people I've played with all want some sort of *gift* from the devs. They want to be seen as superior because they found a game before someone. Honestly we should contribute to the creation of the game and see what happens from there.
0 x
-Evilsack

Dinodude239
Meatbag
Title: Bear
SFD Alias: LeVar
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Dinodude239 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:21 pm

I don't think we should get a gift but it would be cool if when the game comes out you can select a title or something and if you're a pre-alpha player you get a different title or something. Anything would be appreciated (by me)
0 x
Sined LeVar A.K.A Dinodude239 P.S comic sans is the best font