Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

How do you mod people>?

Discuss everything to do with Superfighters Deluxe here that doesn't fit in other Superfighters Deluxe Forums!
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
DeadlyRumors
Fighter
Fighter

How do you mod people>?

Post by DeadlyRumors » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:56 pm

How do you give people moderator?
0 x

jamisco
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Da God
SFD Account: Jamisco
SFD Alias: Jamisco
Started SFD: either late 2015 or early 2016

Post by jamisco » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:04 pm

lol, ur title was kinda misleading
1 x
Is it better to be feared or respected... please, is it too much to ask for both?

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:49 pm

In-game, use the command /addmoderator username (whereas "username" can be the partial nickname of the person you want to Mod; it auto-completes just like it does with bans and kicks. Makes sure the person is currently playing on your server.)

Alternatively, add the person directly to the moderatorlist.txt file through the Documents directory. I believe the new format is A##### // username, whereas "#####" is the account's number. Don't quote me on that, I haven't quite tried this myself yet. The old IP method or only the username might work just fine. Either way, the in-game solution is much more simple.
1 x

DeadlyRumors
Fighter
Fighter

Post by DeadlyRumors » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:00 am

KliPeH wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:49 pm
In-game, use the command /addmoderator username (whereas "username" can be the partial nickname of the person you want to Mod; it auto-completes just like it does with bans and kicks. Makes sure the person is currently playing on your server.)

Alternatively, add the person directly to the moderatorlist.txt file through the Documents directory. I believe the new format is A##### // username, whereas "#####" is the account's number. Don't quote me on that, I haven't quite tried this myself yet. The old IP method or only the username might work just fine. Either way, the in-game solution is much more simple.
Thanks!

I know this is probably a stupid question, but how do you get moderator on your own server? Since you don't have admin commands, you can't mod other people
Last edited by KliPeH on Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited a double-post in.
1 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:07 pm

DeadlyRumors wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:00 am
I know this is probably a stupid question, but how do you get moderator on your own server? Since you don't have admin commands, you can't mod other people
You do have admin commands as the host. What makes you think you don't? If you're hosting a dedicated server try writing the commands in chat as a spectator rather than a player.
1 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:21 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:07 pm
DeadlyRumors wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:00 am
You do have admin commands as the host. What makes you think you don't? If you're hosting a dedicated server try writing the commands in chat as a spectator rather than a player.
:!:
It depends on your setup and how you host. If you're hosting the sever on the same computer as you play you will automatically be admin.
If you have your server on another computer in the same local area network (LAN) you're not admin.
Admins can be registered by using the "/addmoderator username" command. You can also assign moderators by IP manually.

You can do this by modifying your moderatorlist.txt file (found in "your Documents/Superfighters Deluxe") and add the local IP address to the computer you want to be admin on a new line. "192.168.1.24" for example. You can also use wildcards in the IP address.
I have setup my moderatorlist.txt to include the following IP address: "192.168.1.*" on my computer running the server. Connecting to that server will automatically grant me moderator privileges as long as I connect from within my LAN.
1 x
Gurt