Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Metal Gear Solid soundpack.

Custom textures and sounds
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
AyyKyu
Meatbag
SFD Account: AyyKyu
Metal Gear Solid soundpack.

Post by AyyKyu » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:04 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RITi-4jgt_Y

Some of the insignificant physics sounds are muted to avoid audio clutter, as there are too many sounds going on already.
Download.
Install by extracting the contents of the archive to Superfighters Deluxe folder.
5 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:22 am

Interesting! As far as I remember there isn't any background music in the base game, right? How did you manage to make this work? Did you just change some of the ambient tracks to music of your own choice? This opens up many possibilities for in-game music; imagine having a dramatic ambient soundtrack play while the lobby watches the last two players fight eachother in an attempt to bring glory to their respective teams, or an intense track playing to go along with the action of a gory 8-player deathmatch.

Imagine being able to incorporate this into scripting. Change the BG music when entering different areas of the map, like calm elevator music when entering elevators or catchy lobby music when entering a lobby of a hotel. Perhaps change the music from one track to another when only a certain amount of players are left alive, or your health drops to a certain point.

I believe that's a planned feature but maybe your mod can help make progress towards it.
0 x

AyyKyu
Meatbag
Post by AyyKyu » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:10 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:22 am
Interesting! As far as I remember there isn't any background music in the base game, right? How did you manage to make this work? Did you just change some of the ambient tracks to msuic of your own choice? This opens up many possibilities for in-game music; imagine having a dramatic ambient soundtrack play while the lobby watches the last two players fight eachother in an attempt to bring glory to their respective teams, or an intense track playing to go along with the action of a gory 8-player deathmatch.

Imagine being able to incorporate this into scripting. Change the BG music when entering different areas of the map, like calm elevator music when entering elevators or catchy lobby music when entering a lobby of a hotel. Perhaps change the music from one track to another when only a certain amount of players are left alive, or your health drops to a certain point.

I believe that's a planned feature but maybe your mod can help make progress towards it.
Hate to break it to ya...
0 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:21 pm

AyyKyu wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:10 pm
What do you mean? I thought this was a soundpack mod? You know, the song being a part of the game itself? Did you just dub the music over the gameplay in the video and provide a download link for the track?
0 x

AyyKyu
Meatbag
Post by AyyKyu » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:43 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:21 pm
AyyKyu wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:10 pm
What do you mean? I thought this was a soundpack mod? You know, the song being a part of the game itself? Did you just dub the music over the gameplay in the video and provide a download link for the track?
Soundpack replaces the in-game sounds, like gunshots and explosions. Concerning the music, it only replaces the title theme, nothing else.
0 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:41 pm

Is it possible to replace Fight.xnb with a full length track and have that be the track that plays throughout the match? Assuming that this sound gets cut off with the [X] Wins! sounds.
0 x

KliPeH

Post by KliPeH » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:47 pm

AyyKyu wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:43 pm
Soundpack replaces the in-game sounds, like gunshots and explosions. Concerning the music, it only replaces the title theme, nothing else.
Ah, I haven't noticed the SFX were changed. The punching sounded just like base game but lower quality so I assumed it was just your recording. Now I'm noticing the gunfire sounds were also replaced. Still, the music playing in-game was a bit misleading; I expected to hear it when I installed the pack as well.
0 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:46 am

Although I prefer the original "crunchy" 8-bit sounds, nice soundpack, feels a bit "rounder". What's the name of that music? Is it from MGS too?
1 x
Hold your breath.

AyyKyu
Meatbag
Post by AyyKyu » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Splinter wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:46 am
Although I prefer the original "crunchy" 8-bit sounds, nice soundpack, feels a bit "rounder". What's the name of that music? Is it from MGS too?
It's "Yell Dead Cell" from Metal Gear Solid 2.
1 x