Breaking any of these rules will get you a warning, which will be recorded, or get your account locked depending on the severity of the post.
1) Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or disturbing content.
This includes but is not limited to pornography, uncensored nudity, gore etc.
Severity: Post will get removed and you will get permanently banned without warning.
2) Do not post hate speech.
We will not tolerate any form of this. Attacking someone due to race, religion or sexuality will not be tolerated.
Severity: Post will be removed and you will get permanently banned without warning.
3) Do not intentionally hurt, harass or provoke other people.
Toxic behavior is not welcome in this forum. This is a place for constructive discussions and genial community interaction.
Do not post comments whose intent is to hurt, attack, harass or otherwise provoke other forum members, or people in general. Do not post comments that can be interpreted as such by forum members or staff. This also includes calling players out on in-game behaviour such as hosts kicking you in games, players constantly killing you in games or players behaving badly.
This also extends to linked content and other linked websites.
Severity: you may get a warning or permanently banned without warning depending on the severity of the post.
4) English only.
English is the only language to be spoken on this board. As Administrators and Moderators we need to be able to read and understand what you have posted. Do not post random or otherwise jumbled up words either.
Severity: Post will be removed and you will get a warning*.
5) No self advertisement/self-promotion.
Do not create a separate topic whose purpose is to promote your own YouTube channel, Twitch channel, Twitter account, etc.
However, you are allowed to post links, videos and images related to the current topic.
- You can post a topic covering maps/mods/scripts that you have made for Superfighters Deluxe in the "SFD Custom Maps" sub-forum as long as you want to share your work by providing a working download link/option of some sort.
- You can post a topic covering any Superfighters Deluxe server you host regularly as long as it's clear that it's an SFD Server in the "SFD Custom Servers" sub-forum. You may include any rules/maps/mods/scripts you run on this server as long as you're being descriptive. The maps/mods/scripts you run can be private and don't have to be shared (see first point) as they're a part of the SFD server you run.
6) No public apology topics.
A topic in which you apologize to a party or a person does not concern the staff or the other forum members. Instead, send a private message (PM) to the person or the people you want to apologize to. This is both more discreet and more intimate, and you are more likely to be forgiven this way.
Severity: You will get a warning*.
7) Do not post pointless, non-constructive responses to threads or other posts.
Whether a post is considered pointless or not depends on the current topic of discussion. If, for example, the point of a thread is to socialize with other forum members (clan topics mainly), talking with them about trivial things won't be considered "pointless" or "non-constructive". Doing this in a suggestion or a bug report thread, though, will be considered a violation of the rule.
Joke posts are considered non-constructive.
In summary, do not post:
- Short comments or one-worded replies.
- Comments whose single purpose is to "like" another post or idea. Instead use the "Thumbs Up" button.
- Comments where you don't contribute to the overall discussion or thread.
- You are allowed to thank other forum members for helping you solve a problem, suggesting ways to solve an issue or otherwise complimenting you or your work.
- You are allowed to post "like" replies in custom content threads (scripts, maps, textures, mods etc).
- xD/ :D
- I like/don't like this.
- Good/bad suggestion.
- I approve of this; it will be good.
- I like what you say.
- This is good/bad.
8) Do not write compilation threads.
Do not make one topic covering all your ideas, suggestions, bugs you have found etc. This make the forum cluttered, hard to navigate and makes it hard to find specific posts, ideas or content within it. Additionally, this prevents threads from being focused on a main topic and thus it is harder on the members to focus on specific ideas, suggestions or bugs in their replies.
Exception: It's OK to create a compilation topic for your custom made content, like "Bob's maps" or "Bob's textures", as it is all content made by you.
Severity: You will get a warning*. The topic may be removed, edited or locked as see fit by a Moderator.
9) Use descriptive topic titles.
When making topics, be descriptive and use fitting topic titles.
As a guideline, use a short descriptive sentence so others can understand what your topic is about just by reading its title. If others need to guess what your topic is about then it's probably a bad topic name.
Examples of bad topic names:
- My idea
- Car and tiles
- New maps
- Will there be a way to defend yourself against multiple opponents?
- I need help with Port Forwarding.
- What is "connect to IP"?
- The Shocker
- Gore and dismemberment
Severity: If a Moderator feels that the topic needs a slight adjustment he/she might do so without issuing a warning. You will get a warning* if the description is off track from the guidelines above.
10) Don't post copies of the same thread.
Do not create multiple topics with the same content in different forums "to cover more ground".
Severity: Copies will be removed and you will get a warning* for each copy found.
11) Don't create a new thread if there already exist a similar thread covering the same topic.
It's no fun for anyone to read the same topics over and over again covering the same questions/discussions. Do a quick search before writing a new topic to see if any old ones already covered your specific question or problem and that might help you.
Exception: Topics posted to the "Tech Support" sub-forum do not need to be in-tune with the other posts in the section. You are allowed to post about a problem you're having even if someone else is having the exact same issue; an existing thread will probably be linked in one of the replies but we will try to provide personal assistance to you regardless.
Severity: You will get a warning* and your post will get merged with the appropriate topic.
12) Do not double-post.
If you made a mistake in your post, use the edit function instead of posting again.
We have a mod that automatically merges double posts but it only merges replies made by one user within the same 24 hours.
Severity: You will get a warning*.
13) Do not overuse cursing.
We allow you to curse in your posts, but use them sparingly. Do not cuss in each and every sentence.
Severity: You will get a warning*.
14) Do not overuse embedded content.
Our forum isn't a personal image board. You can post embedded content as long as you follow the rules and keep embedded content at a reasonable level.
Severity: You will get a warning* and your post will be edited/deleted accordingly.
15) Some sub-forums have a "read before posting" topic. Read it before posting a topic!
Read all "read before posting" topics before posting a topic.
Severity: Breaking any additional rules found within these threads may grant you a warning.
16) Do not bump old threads.
Threads that haven't been active for the past 2 months are considered old and bringing them up again is no longer welcome.
-You are allowed to provide an alternative to a suggestion in its old thread if you think the idea could be executed better.
-You are allowed to help fix an old problem or help with a bug if it hasn't been marked as solved already.
-Forum games can be bumped indefinitely.
Severity: Your post will be removed and you will get a warning*.
If you intend to post anything but don't know if it will break the rules - send a PM to a Moderator and ask.
If we as Moderators need to go through and discuss the rules for this specific case, we will do so in a closed Mod topic and complement the rules when we're done.
*Receiving enough warnings will get you automatically banned for a limited period of time. The current limit is 4 warnings, which result in a 14-day ban. Warnings are kept for 30 days. Do not create other accounts to bypass existing bans. If this is discovered you WILL get banned permanently.
If you see any comment breaking any of these rules make sure to use the Report button next to the comment.