Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Question: What's the difference between TutorialMeleeA, ZombieA and ZombieB, and how they can be used in SFD ?

Here you can find answered ScriptAPI topics.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Dumby Eggy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: Huevon NEO
SFD Alias: Huevon SFD
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Question: What's the difference between TutorialMeleeA, ZombieA and ZombieB, and how they can be used in SFD ?

Post by Dumby Eggy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:56 pm

As the question says, I want to know what is the difference between each of them, how each one exactly works and how can I use them in the Map editor. Also, how to handle them by scripts (beacuse I forgot it).

Thank you for your help
0 x
HINT: You will not surprise me if you are good with snipers and magnums and katanas; but I will give my respect for someone who is a weapon-master. So don't wait any cheer marksmen...8-)

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:45 pm

Dumby Eggy wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:56 pm
As the question says, I want to know what is the difference between each of them, how each one exactly works and how can I use them in the Map editor. Also, how to handle them by scripts (beacuse I forgot it).

Thank you for your help
These are three predefined AI (the word predefined is used because since scripters like Armadyl and me tried to create their own AI it needs a diversification from user-scripted AI).

TutorialMeleeA is the first AI the game has ever had, used in the first version of the melee tutorial, the bot can move, jump and do some melee.

ZombieA and ZombieB are the two types of AI that you can find in the "Zombie Nightmare" map, they are slightly different each other, the first can move, pathfind, melee, jump, push objects if stuck and everitything you can see an official zombie bot do, the second has the same characteristics, except they prefer to dive on a player instead simply running at him, because this is the preset used for "Child" zombies and "Flamer" zombies, according to this post.

Currently you can only use TutorialMeleeA, the other two are temporarily locked and trying to use them will result in nothing but melee, because they use a dedicated path grid and we cannot create it yet but an example of how a path grid will work is already visible with the survival map.
3 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:12 pm

ZombieA and ZombieB both needs a path grid in order to navigate. Path grids can't be designed in custom maps in the current version of SFD as we still have work to do for the path grid.
Bots for custom maps are not available in the Beta version of the game.
0 x
Gurt