Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

I'm too confused about SFD Hosting

All technical topics that have been answered in one way or another can be found here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
ProDevin
Meatbag
Title: Duwang Boy
SFD Account: ProDevin
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.8.0

I'm too confused about SFD Hosting

Post by ProDevin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:05 am

I know how the rules mostly work, but no one can go into my games. even though I have a pretty good connection Image and the game is not privated.

I don't really know how to use the host port on the options. So, if anyone knows how to host without letting it be locked out, is there any tips or answers on how to fix this problem?
0 x
Rule #1: You never talk about Superfightclub.

Rule #2:YOU NEVER TALK ABOUT SUPERFIGHTCLUB.

Xstrein
Meatbag

Post by Xstrein » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:06 pm

First of all, people can only see your game in the server browser if you set the Lobby Type to Public. Make sure you have one or more open player slots or noone will be able to join. Also make sure the game allows drop-in unless you want to wait around in the lobby.
If it still doesn't work, the most common reason is that you must set up port-forwarding. By default, Superfighters Deluxe uses port 52233 (can be changed from the settings) to host your game. If you're behind a router (or similar) that supports UPnP you can set "automatic port forwarding" to "on" and the game will automatically try to set up port-forwarding for you. We suggest that you search online for how to set up port forwarding and why it's sometimes needed.
If you just want to play with friends, you can set up a private game and use a program like Hamachi and the connect-to-IP option.
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:49 pm

Xstrein wrote:[...] We suggest that you search online for how to set up port forwarding and why it's sometimes needed.
If you just want to play with friends, you can set up a private game and use a program like Hamachi and the connect-to-IP option.
Comparing this post to that one made your post here seem weird, especially when the first post you created was one sentence long and contained multiple grammatical mistakes. I looked it up; you literally copy-pasted one of the Q&A answers from the old forum (EDIT: and also the new one) into your post. No quote marks, no quote tags, no nothing. Not like it really matters, you might just have helped a couple of people here, but mentioning the source would've been nice.

As for the hosting problem, Xstrein's post pretty much covers it. If automatic port-forwarding doesn't work try doing it manually.
0 x