Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

SFD Port Forwarding FAILED Issue

All technical topics that have been answered in one way or another can be found here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
BetaWulf
Meatbag
SFD Account: chickibo
SFD Port Forwarding FAILED Issue

Post by BetaWulf » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:01 pm

So, I used to always play superfighters last year and the year before that. I remember at one point last year, I tried to make a server to play with my friend, but the automatic port forwarding failed. We eventually gave up. I thought about the game recently and decided that I want to play it with a couple of friends, but I'm still having the same issue. I've looked on several different forums for help on this, and tried all of the methods that have been explained, but nothing works.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I would appreciate the help.

(I have enabled uPnP on my router, so that wouldn't be the issue.)
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:39 pm

Try following my guide on manually forwarding the ports when the automatic method fails. If you've already attempted this please post your ipconfig results along with a screenshot of the port forwarding entry you created for SFD in your router's control panel.
0 x

BetaWulf
Meatbag
SFD Account: chickibo
Post by BetaWulf » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:04 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:39 pm
Try following my guide on manually forwarding the ports when the automatic method fails. If you've already attempted this please post your ipconfig results along with a screenshot of the port forwarding entry you created for SFD in your router's control panel.
So, I've got this for you. https://gyazo.com/d0601e7405a5a48475b8edf7a2592d3e

I've set up a server without the auto port forward, and random people have joined my server today, but several of my friends could not.

Is there an Explanation for this?
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:18 pm

BetaWulf wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:04 pm
[...] random people have joined my server today, but several of my friends could not.
You've set up your manual port forwarding correctly then. Your friends must also be forwarded if they wish to join your server.
0 x