Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[SOLVED] Can't play online in notebook or computer with wireless adapter

All technical topics that have been answered in one way or another can be found here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Post Reply
User avatar
Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:28 pm
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4
Gender:
Age: 17

[SOLVED] Can't play online in notebook or computer with wireless adapter

Post by Shark » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:13 pm

Hello everybody, anybody can play SFD online in notebook or computer with wireless adapter, i no, what is problem my internet? or the own superfighters? if anyone can or know how say here, lost connect all time




i play server of Terraria without lost connection, and other games, but Unturned and Superfighters Deluxe don't work
0 x
Just me The Predator!
Its coincidence? I don't know..

User avatar
JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:56 pm
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5
Location: Rome, Italy
Gender:
Age: 20

Post by JakSparro98 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:37 am

Shark wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:13 pm
Hello everybody, anybody can play SFD online in notebook or computer with wireless adapter, i no, what is problem my internet? or the own superfighters? if anyone can or know how say here, lost connect all time




i play server of Terraria without lost connection, and other games, but Unturned and Superfighters Deluxe don't work
Are you trying to host or join? From how you say, I could imagine you're trying to join to a server, how much ping do you get from these servers? Have you a firewall entry to exclude SFD traffic in both directions?

In fair conditions you should not encounter problems by playing with Wi-Fi connection but this technology has a bad fame for being not always reliable, If you just could try to connect you notebook directly with a cable (usually computer networking manufacturers supplies a small ethernet cable together with the modem/router) we could exclude some problems at LAN level.
0 x

User avatar
Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:28 pm
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4
Gender:
Age: 17

Post by Shark » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:06 am

JakSparro98 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:37 am
Shark wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:13 pm
Hello everybody, anybody can play SFD online in notebook or computer with wireless adapter, i no, what is problem my internet? or the own superfighters? if anyone can or know how say here, lost connect all time




i play server of Terraria without lost connection, and other games, but Unturned and Superfighters Deluxe don't work
Are you trying to host or join? From how you say, I could imagine you're trying to join to a server, how much ping do you get from these servers? Have you a firewall entry to exclude SFD traffic in both directions?

In fair conditions you should not encounter problems by playing with Wi-Fi connection but this technology has a bad fame for being not always reliable, If you just could try to connect you notebook directly with a cable (usually computer networking manufacturers supplies a small ethernet cable together with the modem/router) we could exclude some problems at LAN level.
Host or Join do the same thing "Lost Connection" in 20 seconds, My ping is normal 30-60 in server from my country, my firewall is ok to SFD and port forward is ok too, i think that is Superfighters Servers System, or my router is low, but i play other games example Terraria online and don't lost the connecion...
0 x
Just me The Predator!
Its coincidence? I don't know..

User avatar
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Posts: 1331
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:22 pm
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!
Location: Sweden
Gender:
Age: 28

Post by Gurt » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:11 am

See viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2505
Playing over WiFi or cable doesn't matter as long as the router can provide enough throughput.
0 x
Gurt

User avatar
Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:28 pm
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4
Gender:
Age: 17

Post by Shark » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:38 am

Gurt wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:11 am
See viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2505
Playing over WiFi or cable doesn't matter as long as the router can provide enough throughput.
Don't work ;(
0 x
Just me The Predator!
Its coincidence? I don't know..

User avatar
JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:56 pm
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5
Location: Rome, Italy
Gender:
Age: 20

Post by JakSparro98 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:46 am

Gurt wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:11 am
See viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2505
Playing over WiFi or cable doesn't matter as long as the router can provide enough throughput.
It's always good practice try to connect via cable since we can immediately exclude (or not) all problems related with radio connections (channel used, distance with the source, frequency, supported standards, etc..)
As we cannot know for sure the wifi standards his router provides the throughput might also not be enough due for modem/router bottlenecks.
Shark wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:38 am
Don't work ;(
Can you provide your router brand and model in order to gather more information about the machine?
Also can you tell me if your network adapter sees other wifi networks nearby? Could be a banal channel interference.
0 x

User avatar
Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:28 pm
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4
Gender:
Age: 17

Post by Shark » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:34 am

Solved, i change the router and works nos thank you!
0 x
Just me The Predator!
Its coincidence? I don't know..

User avatar
JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:56 pm
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5
Location: Rome, Italy
Gender:
Age: 20

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:37 am

Shark wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:34 am
Solved, i change the router and works nos thank you!
This makes me think your previous router was a coffee maker, anyway I'm glad you solved now.
1 x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest