Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[SOLVED] Dedicated server crash after extended use

All technical topics that have been answered in one way or another can be found here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Jojopeterjohn
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Person
SFD Account: SuperFunk
SFD Alias: Jojopeterjohn
Started SFD: Since the original SF

[SOLVED] Dedicated server crash after extended use

Post by Jojopeterjohn » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:34 pm

If I leave my dedicated server running for a long time (5+ hrs) then it crashes with this error:

Missing requirement detected.
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.NoSuitableGraphicsDeviceException
: Could not find a Direct3D device that supports the XNA Framework
Reach profile.

I have fiddled with the new automatic reset settings to see if overload was the problem but to no avail.
I also updated all my drivers.
0 x
"What?"
-Albert Einstein

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:40 pm

Almost sounds like your graphics card goes down into some sort of power saving mode. I'm sorry but this error is in the XNA framework itself - I can't help you further than some general advice to check your power saving options and stuff like that.
If you have a TV or some other monitor plugged in it can also interfere with the graphics card when the TV goes down into low powering save mode (does it with my TV so I don't have it plugged into my computer unless I need it).
0 x
Gurt

Jojopeterjohn
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Person
SFD Account: SuperFunk
SFD Alias: Jojopeterjohn
Started SFD: Since the original SF

Post by Jojopeterjohn » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:06 pm

Gurt wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:40 pm
Almost sounds like your graphics card goes down into some sort of power saving mode. I'm sorry but this error is in the XNA framework itself - I can't help you further than some general advice to check your power saving options and stuff like that.
If you have a TV or some other monitor plugged in it can also interfere with the graphics card when the TV goes down into low powering save mode (does it with my TV so I don't have it plugged into my computer unless I need it).
Thank you Gurt, turns out my GPU was going into some sort of sleep mode. Problem solved.
0 x
"What?"
-Albert Einstein