Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Are there other ways to boos fps then these ways?

All technical topics that have been answered in one way or another can be found here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
I NEED HELP
Fighter
Fighter

Are there other ways to boos fps then these ways?

Post by I NEED HELP » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:54 am

These are the things that I know make my fps higher.

1.change your brightness plan to performance mode.It may use more battery but its worth it,it boosted my fps by 250 so I was playing at 350 fps.

2.Change your graphics card settings (it may make your graphics a little bit worst).Lower things like aliasing method and surface optimization.
3.Go to task manager and change SFD priority higher than normal.

Are there other ways to boost it.
0 x

Powerbombs
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: four dimensional lasagna
SFD Account: Powerbombs
SFD Alias: powerbomb, bomberman
Started SFD: pre alpha 1.2

Post by Powerbombs » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Jesus Christ, how many times do we have to say it? I've said it multiple times, I'll say it again:
Turn off BG in game
Turn off weather in game
Turn off effects in game
Turn down resolution in game
Turn off v-sync in game

If your FPS in this game really matters so much to you, just save up for a new damn PC. It's not that hard unless you don't have a job.

What really pisses me off is that you're here asking for other ways to boost it, and you just said you play at 350 FPS. THAT'S PLENTY.
1 x
#RemoveFlamethrower

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:20 pm

Powerbombs wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:24 pm
Jesus Christ, how many times do we have to say it? I've said it multiple times, I'll say it again:
Turn off BG in game
Turn off weather in game
Turn off effects in game
Turn down resolution in game
Turn off v-sync in game

If your FPS in this game really matters so much to you, just save up for a new damn PC. It's not that hard unless you don't have a job.

What really pisses me off is that you're here asking for other ways to boost it, and you just said you play at 350 FPS. THAT'S PLENTY.
he's asking for other ways to improve fps other than the ways he mentioned (i mean it literally says that in the title lmao), he is not concerned about his fps.
0 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:11 pm

You do know that 60 fps is the maximum, right? Monitors render frames at 60hz, meaning they always render 60 frames per second. If your game says you have 350 fps, it means the game is producing 350 frames per second, but your monitor is still showing only 60 per second. So, I don't know why you'd want to boost fps if you already have 100 fps in SFD.
1 x
Hold your breath.

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:02 am

Splinter wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:11 pm
You do know that 60 fps is the maximum, right? Monitors render frames at 60hz, meaning they always render 60 frames per second. If your game says you have 350 fps, it means the game is producing 350 frames per second, but your monitor is still showing only 60 per second. So, I don't know why you'd want to boost fps if you already have 100 fps in SFD.
Contrary to what you think, 60 vs. 300 fps will always not feel the same. If you play on a good PC yourself, you´d Notice a SIGNIFICANT difference, just like i do, But apparently you dont.
0 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:43 am

Yea as if you don't think 60 fps is enough, you can download more ram at https://downloadmoreram.com. It's fast, free and safe. You can select from 4,8,16 or 32 GB. :D
1 x

Venom
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Faaking Jhesus
SFD Alias: jajajaja sadasdjasiojd
Started SFD: When it was fun
Post by Venom » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Motto73 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:43 am
Yea as if you don't think 60 fps is enough, you can download more ram at https://downloadmoreram.com. It's fast, free and safe. You can select from 4,8,16 or 32 GB. :D
lol this is fake xdd
0 x
YOU FAAKING BITH NIGR BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DO YOU ARE FAAKING YOUR FAAKING LIFE

IF YOU FAAKING FAAKING WITH TIME I WILL FAAKING COME AND KILL YOU BITH YOU DED :evil:

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Venom wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:20 pm
Motto73 wrote:
lol this is fake xdd
It is as real as the fact that 300fps is better than 60fps on normal screen.

No, but really. Turning vsync on shows your monitors physical maxim refresh rate, if it can run freely,that is. If it says 60fps with vsync your monitor won't simply show more than 60 fps.
Rick Sanchez wrote:Contrary to what you think, 60 vs. 300 fps will always not feel the same. If you play on a good PC yourself, you´d Notice a SIGNIFICANT difference, just like i do, But apparently you dont.
If you notice a difference it means that you're not having a normal 60hz screen. You might have 144hz, which seems to be the second most popular...
0 x

Venom
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Faaking Jhesus
SFD Alias: jajajaja sadasdjasiojd
Started SFD: When it was fun
Post by Venom » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Motto73 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:38 pm
Venom wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:20 pm
Motto73 wrote:
lol this is fake xdd
It is as real as the fact that 300fps is better than 60fps on normal screen.

No, but really. Turning vsync on shows your monitors physical maxim refresh rate, if it can run freely,that is. If it says 60fps with vsync your monitor won't simply show more than 60 fps.
Rick Sanchez wrote:Contrary to what you think, 60 vs. 300 fps will always not feel the same. If you play on a good PC yourself, you´d Notice a SIGNIFICANT difference, just like i do, But apparently you dont.
If you notice a difference it means that you're not having a normal 60hz screen. You might have 144hz, which seems to be the second most popular...
i'm talking about that downloadmoreram.com website its a joke they are saying it in disclaimer xdd
0 x
YOU FAAKING BITH NIGR BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DO YOU ARE FAAKING YOUR FAAKING LIFE

IF YOU FAAKING FAAKING WITH TIME I WILL FAAKING COME AND KILL YOU BITH YOU DED :evil:

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:22 pm

Splinter wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:11 pm
60Hz monitors may be popular but a 60 FPS cap is certainly not the most you can get out of your game. 120Hz and 144Hz monitors exist too and these further improve the playing experience assuming your hardware can produce and play the game at these framerates and those above them.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:38 pm

As SFD is built upon XNA input can only be read in the main update loop which is for the most part capped to your FPS in SFD. Increasing your FPS is still beneficial even on a 60 hz monitor (even if you don't need it).
0 x
Gurt