Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Cannot link my account

All technical topics that have been answered in one way or another can be found here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
JBT
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: JBT

Cannot link my account

Post by JBT » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:33 pm

I'm not able to link up my forums account (this thing right here) and my player character so I can be moderator on servers. I think it might be an issue resulting of me using a 10minutemail address to make this account but I don't have a legitimate email bc screw data leeching websites. Not sure if this belongs here but I don't know any other place to put it, so if anyone could help me out that'd be great.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:11 pm

JBT wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:33 pm
I think it might be an issue resulting of me using a 10minutemail address to make this account but I don't have a legitimate email bc screw data leeching websites.
Ding-ding-ding! We have a winner. This is the reason you can't link your account to the game anymore; that account probably doesn't exist. You're no longer allowed to use e-mail services spoofing legit addresses or otherwise being associated with spam. Just use Gmail or Hotmail like the rest of us. Anonymity on the web is an illusion; if you want to stay off the grid don't connect to the internet.
1 x

JBT
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: JBT

Post by JBT » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:25 pm

Tried to fix it by linking it to a legitimate email, still doesn't work. Its not because of the email, its because the game is bugged. Says a user with that email / password could not be found, which is bullshit because I changed the password to make sure it would work and the email is the right one bc I pasted it from the Profile settings. On another note, it is 0% necessary to put in your social commentary or whatever that was supposed to be at the end. Not even sure what that was.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:44 pm

JBT wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:25 pm
well that's pretty shit but I'm not gonna put in the effort to fix it so whatevs.
It is "pretty shit" and "0% necessary" to complain about something this miniscule requiring effort. What's next? "WAAAAH WHY DO WE NEED A PASSWORD I DON'T WANT TO REMMEBER A NUMBER AND HAVE TO RECITE IT FROM MEMORY AND PRESS KEYS ON MY KEYBOARD!!1!". Create a legitimate e-mail address because this is what we and every other online service that respects itself require you to do. One address to solve all your problems. Welcome to the world of the level-headed people where we don't use TOR to access social media because we aren't constantly on edge looking out for the big bad "data leeching" wolves.

Locking this poor excuse of a complaint. You have your answer, you do what you want with it.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:59 pm

The forum account is not the same as the mythologicinteractive.com account. If you just need an account for the game itself you don't have to register here on the forum.
The username and password are mandatory for a forum account. You can leave most of the fields blank.
0 x
Gurt