Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

I can't host servers anymore.

All technical topics that have been answered in one way or another can be found here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: . . .
SFD Account: @btelchi
SFD Alias: I've got plenty
Started SFD: PreAlpha
I can't host servers anymore.

Post by btelchi » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:01 am

So, this happened more then a year ago, but i didn't pay a close attention to it, and only today i'm typing this (late as always). A year or 2 ago, i've had a server with players and it was quite popular those days. Next year i moved into another house and sadly my "power to host" has gone. Now, nobody can join my server and it also shows me "???" on ping. I know it may be because i changed my provider due. to moving to another house, but still maybe not?
0 x
Join our agency today. Copy AAT ayy
https://discord.gg/rB3GgCt
America is a tune, it must be sung together.

Presentionus
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Break, Make, Smash, Bash
SFD Account: Presentionus
SFD Alias: Present
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.3b

Post by Presentionus » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:28 pm

btelchi wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:01 am
So, this happened more then a year ago, but i didn't pay a close attention to it, and only today i'm typing this (late as always). A year or 2 ago, i've had a server with players and it was quite popular those days. Next year i moved into another house and sadly my "power to host" has gone. Now, nobody can join my server and it also shows me "???" on ping. I know it may be because i changed my provider due. to moving to another house, but still maybe not?
If you have port forwarded in your new house then your ip adress might have reseted (which happens alot). I dont know what happened to your ping tho :I
0 x
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Scraper
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Scrapper
SFD Alias: Scrapper
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.1
Post by Scraper » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:36 pm

Actually, this happened to me as well. I changed my provider, but I kept my old router instead of changing it for a new one. Then I did the port-forwarding. I then hosted the game, but nobody could join. I checked everything, and port WAS forwarded, I didn't make an error doing that. After 3 weeks or so, I tried to port forward again. But then, I realized, if the provider has changed, probably the site(192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1) was changed! So then I port forwarded on the NEW site (192.168.0.1) and people could join my server again.
0 x