Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Keep disconecting from servers

All technical topics that have been answered in one way or another can be found here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Keep disconecting from servers

Post by Noble » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:27 am

My friend installed a new internet, he is actually using the new internet Via Wi-Fi in his notebook.

He kept attempting to join servers but he is always losing connection from every server he tries, after few seconds playing on it. When he hosts, anyone can join his server, but lose connection after few seconds in, while his server continues and I can't stay on it no matter how much I try.

As we thought it was a PC problem, he tried to reduce graphics, reduce resolution, set the game priority to Real-Timed, login his account, reinstalled the game and some other things.

We also checked if there aren't any other network open, restarted the modem and router, looked if the Wi-Fi was blocking something, though the Wi-Fi is sending 100% of its potential.

Before changing the internet to a better one, the game was really working well, what is really weird. But that happened before with him while using someone else's Wi-Fi once, maybe something to config?
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:22 am

Almost sounds like congestion problem. What's the throughput on that Wi-Fi? Do you see any warnings in the debug output (enabled with F11) before you lose connection?
1 x
Gurt

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:51 am

He actually solved the problem by directly connecting an ethernet cable on the notebook from the modem. The problem was probably the Wi-Fi configuration.
1 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"