Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Pre-alpha 1.10.1 is out!

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Pre-alpha 1.10.1 is out!

Post by Hjarpe » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:24 pm

-Tweaked the damage values of all thrown objects ("missiles") and added an upper limit to throw damage.
-Grenades, mines, and debris now do minimal damage regardless of speed.
-Added a cooldown preventing missiles from colliding with a player immediately after being dropped by or bouncing off another player.
-You can now press block/aim to drop a ladder without jumping.
-Toggling throwing mode now takes twice as long.
-Grenades now bounce back slightly further after hitting a player.
-Missiles can now be blocked with a timed melee attack.
-Thrown weapons can no longer be grabbed if they are moving too fast.
-Thrown weapons and other missiles now take damage when hitting a player.
-Increased the speed a missile needs to cause knockdown when hitting a player in the back.
-Debris overlapping a player can no longer collide with that player when kicked.
-Fixed a bug where you could instantly toggle throwing mode by pressing a weapon slot key.
-Fixed a bug that could cause makeshift weapons to disappear when grabbing them while toggling throwing mode.
-Fixed a bug where you couldn't kick dead teammates.
-Other fixes and tweaks.
6 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

AWAOS-COLD ASSASSIN
Fighter
Fighter
Title: FUN PLAYER XD
SFD Alias: MATES
Started SFD: 1.8.8

Post by AWAOS-COLD ASSASSIN » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:12 pm

the update is new nice
I like it :D
1 x

Ultimate
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Ultimate » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:46 pm

grenades/mines should go past the player like they always have. this limits their use, i mean come on
0 x

M_M_M
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: soopreeme groundpood
SFD Alias: MMM
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.0

Post by M_M_M » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:53 pm

Ultimate wrote:grenades/mines should go past the player like they always have. this limits their use, i mean come on
What makes grenades/landmines so special that they can magically phase through players but everything else doesn't?
0 x
hello yes

Ultimate
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Ultimate » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:01 pm

M_M_M wrote:
Ultimate wrote:grenades/mines should go past the player like they always have. this limits their use, i mean come on
What makes grenades/landmines so special that they can magically phase through players but everything else doesn't?
their function, now your grenade throws have to be direct explosion, no chasing, etc.
throwing damage/hitting should only apply to weapons, they literally said "weapons(Guns/Melee weapons) will be throwable/do damage when thrown at someone" not everything that damn moves
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:33 pm

Ultimate wrote:
M_M_M wrote:
their function, now your grenade throws have to be direct explosion, no chasing, etc.
throwing damage/hitting should only apply to weapons, they literally said "weapons(Guns/Melee weapons) will be throwable/do damage when thrown at someone" not everything that damn moves
Feel free to elaborate on why you think it's a good idea to let grenades/mines pass through players.
We have long been planning for items (items include grenades!) to hit players when thrown as it's consistent with all items you throw. Grenades/landmines shouldn't be special from now on. This makes it dangerous to rush against someone cooking a grenade as you can get it in your face and be briefly stunned.
1 x
Gurt

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:39 am

Small bug in "3" texture
The "z" and the "2" are the same textures..
This symbol "¿" = 3/4
2 x
Just me The Predator!

Scarface
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Scarface » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:16 am

Great update!
Just throwing my 2 cents in, I think that nades/mines should not pass through players. They now are actually dangerous. Nades/mines aren't magical so that they phase through players while other weapons/missiles not. :lol:
0 x
Decisions, decisions.

[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Post by [Failman] » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:55 pm

Great update but I honestly think debris shouldn't do any stun damage while not in the air. It's quite annoying having a well thought out plan fail miserably because some scrap of wood or metal hit me while I was moving, everything else is cool though.
1 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)