Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Pre-alpha 1.10.0 is out!

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
hxnter
Meatbag
almost perfect (pre-alpha 1.10.0)

Post by hxnter » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:09 am

great update, but it needs some balancing fixes. the weapons that a killed player drops deal damage/stun as soon as they are dropped. small debris with little momentum, e.g a chair leg slowly stumbling on the ground, also deal damage/stun. I think throwables & debris need an amount of momentum before they can damage/stun, according to the object's own properties (weight, etc). the throw begins with momentum, and hence, damages instantly. i shouldn't be damaged by the weapons a killed player drops if i'm right next to them, or on their level of elevation. thanks. (still best game 11/10)

8-)

EDIT: objects can be thrown through small cover (crates, barrels, tables, cabinets, couches, etc). this happens frequently / is easy to do. a player can angle their throw in between two stacked (crates, for example), and the thrown object will travel through the two crates, and all proceeding cover. one can also angle their throw right below a cover, and the thrown object will travel in between the cover and the floor. thrown objects also go right through the sides and bottom of hanging crates. all to be expected from a big update :mrgreen:
Last edited by hxnter on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:59 am

Overall, I found a very good update. In fact, it was the one that most changed the game since I started playing. Despite some things that were weird to the players, everything worked perfectly well and without errors, no screaming bugs or troubles with the gameplay. I have a lot of fun. I think that with time some things who were changed with this update, will be rethought and changed, but I'll mention a few things that I found interesting while I was testing.

– I was keeping a perfect score on a server, at the end of a match I won a melee combat, but left me just a little bit of life, items that opponent dropped when he died hit me and I died. I think die this way playing seriously matches is very strange, so I think for sure this will be changed in the future.
– When the lamps fall, pieces of it knock on my character, is an interesting thing, can be seen in a positive or negative way, what do you guys think?
– I'm not sure , but it seems that the knife causes 40 critical damage (when the blade hits), I found this very exaggerated.
– A guy kicked a mine at me and it hit my head... BOOM! (I would have died anyway, but I felt unhappy about it)
– I throwed a mine, it hit the player who was going in front of me, hit me again and then it again in the opponent and fell to the ground.
– Some combos were invincible now, an example is when I'm with a sniper, I shoot a jumping opponent, he falls in front of me, I kick it, I shoot him again. If he survives I just throw my gun.

But the upgrade was very good, I found very interesting including the weight of the guns and throw power, I realized how effective it was when I played a Bazooka Throw Battle in a server. I was not very familiar with the time to change to throw mode then I shooted without intention. Lol
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Antonikon
Fighter
Fighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.3.1

Post by Antonikon » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:14 am

I cant host my Hardcore, because server crasher every 2 hours and players lost their levels. It is not script error.
And when i save map in map editor, this map disappear from server map list.
1 x

Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: okokok is real #1
SFD Account: Krypa
SFD Alias: Krypa
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.6

Post by Creeper » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:21 am

This update pretty much broke the game and all of the profiles are not saved.
Looking forward to tomorow fixing it!
Just ruined my day.
2 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:45 am

We have fixed the profiles not being loaded correctly (they are saved correctly) and maps not showing up (they are also saved correctly) in the next update which we will release sometime this day.
1 x
Gurt

Host
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Host » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:31 am

I still can't open my new custom maps that I started making today...it's not being saved. I see it in the folder but can't open it in the map editor. When is it fixed?
0 x

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:34 pm

Gurt wrote:
Lunatic wrote:A big problem is that throwing a weapon at someone and hitting them often causes the weapon to bounce off of them and hit the thrower at close distances.
Feel free to illuminate us why this is a big problem or give a few examples on situations where this is a big problem. I'm OK with this as items should bounce off players and potentially hitting other players - that's how we designed the throwing as it is now.
I thought you wanted it to be possible for people to stun someone when they don't have guns/ammo? Now when i throw a weapon against someone else who is about to shoot, the gun can now hit me too if i try to come in with a melee attack. That completely defeats the purpose of throwing a weapon before going in with melee. This gives time for the gunner to get a completely free hit.

IMO, weapons should either become inactive after hitting a player, or you could make the weapons atleast needing some momentum before being able to stun or damage.

Also, kicking debris at an enemy right infront of you deals some damage and stuns them. This is stupid, debris should need alot of momentum before being able to deal damage. Again, IMO
Last edited by mgtr14 on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Shut up bitch!!

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:54 pm

Pre-alpha 1.10.0b is out!
Fixed a bug causing profiles and maps saved in Pre-Alpha 1.10.0 to not be loaded correctly after a restart.
New item: Small Belt
Fixed a bug where players could lag when toggling throwing mode.
Fixed a bug where you could toggle throwing while diving, rolling, ledge grabbing and climbing causing the player to throw nothing.
Pillows now only deal 1 damage when thrown.
Fixed a bug causing you to get a loss when dead even if you were in the winning team.
Fixed a bug causing incoming thrown items from above to not always be blocked correctly.
Other fixes and tweaks.
1 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Hoang Marcel
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Custom map lover
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.4
Post by Hoang Marcel » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:14 pm

Yes! I hate when the game reset my customization.
Also male small belt and belt looks the same.
0 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:54 pm

Hoang Marcel wrote:Also male small belt and belt looks the same.
Oops. Hot-fixed. :oops:
1 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by mgtr14 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:36 pm

Just got crushed by a steel barrel, it kind of just tilted on me before starting to go over me completely. I think i was grounded, there were some thrown items on it i think, do the thrown items weigh?
1 x
Shut up bitch!!

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:49 am

Just wanted to post a short review on the update... First, I have to say that this changed the gameplay WAY more than I imagined (and I knew it would be a big change). I'd love to give some feedback, and I just saw that Lunatic posted a big topic about it, I'll try to contribute later. For now, I think we need some time to really see what feels OP or not.
Anyway, I did expect several new bugs, but this new throwing weapons mechanic seems really "polished" and clean, not buggy at all, at least for now. And, wow, since I started playing in 2013, I've seen some really funny stuff, but never have I laughed so much in a free-for-all match in any other version of the game. This update is extremely fun, good job! :D
2 x
Hold your breath.

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Thanks for all the great feedback. I'm glad the throwing turned out as fun as it is, I've had good laughs playing online. We agree that the damage and some other aspects are unreasonable, and we have a plan for the next update which will hopefully fix these problems. More details to come!
mgtr14 wrote:Just got crushed by a steel barrel, it kind of just tilted on me before starting to go over me completely. I think i was grounded, there were some thrown items on it i think, do the thrown items weigh?
This is not new, every object has some weight, and you can get crushed by having heavy objects on top of you - it shouldn't happen with just barrels, but the Box2D engine is a bit wonky so it happens from time to time.
3 x

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:30 pm

A Small bug in"?" texture
2 x
Just me The Predator!

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Post by Hjarpe » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Shark wrote:Image
A Small bug in"?" texture
Fixed after 1.10.0b.
1 x

Scarface
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Scarface » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:41 am

One that I didn't like about throwing because nades now can damage you when thrown, even when armed. Cooking and throwing them at a player makes them an overpowered weapon. What about mines? If knock down a player with a thrown mine, maybe he should explode without a chance to get up?[sarcasm]
Last edited by Scarface on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Decisions, decisions.

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by mgtr14 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:43 pm

Scarface wrote:One that I didn't like about throwing because nades now can damage you when thrown, even when armed. Cooking and throwing them at a player makes them an overpowered weapon. What about mines? If knock down a player with a thrown mine, maybe he should explode without a chance to get up?
You say that grenades are OP because they can knock you down and then blow up, then you ask for a buff to the mine that will make it impossible to escape the explosion after it gets thrown at you?

I agree that grenades are OP, maybe the mines are just a bit OP, but a buff is the opposite of what the devs should be doing tbh.
1 x
Shut up bitch!!

Iliyan
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Enthusiast of SF and SFD
SFD Account: Iliyan
SFD Alias: Iliyan[44]
Started SFD: Carving for it since normal SF

Post by Iliyan » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:06 pm

Gurt wrote:We have fixed the profiles not being loaded correctly (they are saved correctly) and maps not showing up (they are also saved correctly) in the next update which we will release sometime this day.
Gurt i whould like to ask you when is the vote kick sistem is geting implemented because today i got kicked 5 times and got baned 2 times(oficialy my worst day) olso acused of having aim bot two times and got kicked for it. And i cant host my server because my internet is bad.

¿So will i be alwais at the mersy of the hosts mood? ¿AND NEVER WIN SO THAT HES HAPPY?
0 x