Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status Update 2019-05-05

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status Update 2019-05-05

Post by Gurt » Sun May 05, 2019 1:09 pm

We're still alive and working on the next update. Our goal is to have it done sometime at the end of the summer (or mid summer) depending on the amount of time we can find to work on the game.

The past weeks have been a lot of different in-real-life stuff competing with the time I can spend working on SFD. And the coming week is no different. Finding time working on the game is always challenging but we have somehow managed for 7+ years.

I'm also finishing the contest script I'm working on. Each time I test it on my server there's always something else I want to tinker or improve. It's small details now but I also need to find time working on this script. So this script kinda takes more time than I planned from the beginning. Once I feel the script works as intended I will release it in the Steam workshop.

Do you have some tips over free video editing software programs? I'm thinking about playing community made challenge maps (in the Steam workshop) and share the results but I need some sort of video editing software for this. If you know of something please let me know. It must be free to use and manage to export HD video either in 30 or 60 fps. It should also be compatible with OBS Studio or Fraps which I use to record movies. If the software requires some sort of setup before being able to export said videos also share those details if you can. Thanks :)
9 x
Gurt

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Sun May 05, 2019 3:16 pm

Keep up the good work and it'll pay off.
0 x

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Sun May 05, 2019 3:58 pm

I haven't tinkered much with video editing,but Lightworks might be a good choice, although the free version is probably a bit limited.
I'd suggest Adobe Premiere, if you somehow get your hands on it.
Last edited by Del Poncho on Sun May 05, 2019 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Ab Hab
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Ab Hab
Started SFD: The year NBA 2K14 came out

Post by Ab Hab » Sun May 05, 2019 9:58 pm

I hear DaVinci Resolve is a very powerful video editing software. The paid version pretty much just video-editing-multiplayer, which is a neat concept if you can spring for $200.
To edit videos, I personally use Blender, but I recommend that you don't do that because that's not what it's supposed to be used for.
1 x

Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:47 pm

That's nice to hear. Always excited for a new update.

Personally i use Shotcut (https://www.shotcut.org/). 100% open source and free, no trial time and locked functions. :D Beware, there is a steep learning curve though, but some simple googling: "how to export video in shotcut", "how to use timeline function"... if you are looking for anything specific. There exist a small community supporting and making vidoes, much like for SFD. For more broader help, the official website also lists some helpfull videos about basic knowledge: (https://www.shotcut.org/tutorials/) [Stick to the free stuff!]
However if you have never touched on any video editiors and have no pre-existing experience it might be kinda hard. I don't know how much time you have, but for me it took some dedication and interest to learn. Oh, and remember to save every 2 minutes, because the program crashes when you do to much heavy work at once or run stuff in background.

I don't know if it would work with OBS Studio or Fraps, but as long as what you record comes out in a .mp4 file it should be fine to drag into Shotcut. Exporting is simple enough, you can choose from many pre-existing options (I use the one for Youtube), but Shotcut usually adapts export settings to the first clip you drag in, so make sure to not drag in an image first, and that all your footage is shot in the same way (resolution, fps..!)
Check it out if you are interested (i watched a few tutorials first), you can always uninstall it if it's not ideal.
1 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png