Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Superfighters Deluxe 1.1.2 is out!

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Superfighters Deluxe 1.1.2 is out!

Post by Hjarpe » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:51 pm

* Two new VS maps: Castle Courtyard, Helipad.
* Assault rifle changes:
- It now fires in bursts of 3 with a cooldown inbetween.
- As with semi-automatic weapons, tapping the button instead of holding it down results in a shorter cooldown.
- Ammo capacity changed to 24.
* Unlocking a new customization item now tells you which equipment slot it belongs to.
* Added Helicopter ambient sound (used in Helipad and Prime Time in Sunny City).
* The "MetalHatch" tiles now break when a player staggers into them.
* StrengthBoost's "extra health" is now restored if you manage to heal yourself during the StrengthBoost effect.
* Fixed a bug where certain disabled states could be bypassed if a melee stun effect wore off while being grabbed, allowing the chainsaw to be used while being grabbed (this was extra noticeable when being stunned by the shock-baton and then grabbed during the stun effect).
* Fixed a bug with the chainsaw and infinite ammo.
* Fixed tutorial text input prompts to update if you changed input device (from keyboard to controller).
* Fixed a problem where projectiles could clip through obstacles in some situations.
* Other fixes and tweaks.

Map Editor
* Added ProjectileDeflectZone (deflects incoming projectiles in random directions).
* Increased health of StoneWeak00A, B and C
* The search function now includes partially matching object names.

ScriptAPI:
* Added IPlayer.IsBoostHealthActive and IPlayer.GetBoostHealth to be able to read health values from the boost health during the strength boost effect and rocket riding.
* Added constant float values MathHelper.PI, MathHelper.PIOver2, MathHelper.PIOver4, MathHelper.PIOver8, MathHelper.TwoPI
* IObject.SetCollisionFilter(...) CollisionFilter added properties BlockFire and BlockExplosions.
* Added IPlayer.IsBurnedCorpse to see if the corpse is burned.
* Added IPlayer.IsBurningInferno to see if a player is a burning inferno (burning rank 2).
* Added IGame.AutoScoreConditionEnabled property that can be set to false to disable automatic score increase.
* Added IUser.IncreaseScore() function to mark that the user should increase its score when the game is over.
* Game.CreateObject will now place objects in the top-most layer in the map to the draw category the tile belongs to.
* Game.SetGameOver(...) can now be used afterwards to update the victory text.
* Added Game.GetObjects<T>() to get all objects in the game by a specific type.
* Fixed a bug with IPlayer.GetAABB() returning wrong data.
* Fixed a bug where Game.AutoVictoryConditionEnabled could not be set to false.
* Fixed a bug with IObject.SetCollisionFilter being reset if calling IObject.SetSizeFactor.
* Other fixes and tweaks.
8 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:11 pm

Hjarpe wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:51 pm
* Assault rifle changes:
- It now fires in bursts of 3 with a cooldown inbetween.
- As with semi-automatic weapons, tapping the button instead of holding it down results in a shorter cooldown.
- Ammo capacity changed to 24.
*in the distance, a wild @Lunatic screams*

Seriously though, thank you for this change. Now something else can differentiate between the automatic weapons which isn't just ammo or damage.

If you want to spice the weapon pool up further you can have the Machine Pistol be a 2-round-burst, or introduce a new 2-round-burst weapon that will deal medium amounts of damage per-shot and will have a very small magazine (say, 14 rounds).
3 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:32 pm

Tested out the new AR for a bit and it looks like it deals 9.5/shot now, up from the previous 7. This means it now kills in 11 shots instead of 15, which is substantial. The new burst mode compliments players who take the time to line up their shots, and due to it's high accuracy, this new AR makes for a very good mid to long range weapon for those that can aim well at longer distances. Laser sight makes the spread almost non-existent, turning it into a discount sniper rifle. Overall a very powerful weapon, it's almost better than it was before - which is saying something considering I've always thought it was a top tier primary weapon. Definitely not complaining though! This is a very welcome change to our roster of weaponry.

New maps look pretty neat. Helipad - I like the big pile of ammo the helicopter has - this means that as soon as you get a reliable weapon, you can max out it's ammo capacity for use throughout the entire match. It also means that traffic through it is guaranteed throughout the entire game since everyone will, at some point, want to board it. The blades are an instant kill, and destroy EVERYTHING that pass through them - watch out! My main gripe with this map is the central area, where you break the glass. Trying to ledgegrab these spots is a little annoying for some reason, but I can't really explain why it bugs me. Maybe you'll see what I mean?

The castle is a big map with lots of passages and routes around, plenty of destroyable cover and overall looks like a nice, mobile map. I'm looking forward to playtesting it for awhile! There's a lot you can use to your advantage and it all seems to favor no particular playstyle overall.

Super surprised to see these weapon changes lately - not just this, but also the Carbine buff. While we're at it, maybe you'll push live my Tommy gun suggestion? I'd also like to see the .45 get a minor damage buff, or a bigger damage buff with a small fire rate nerf. First it was OP, now it's kinda trashy. I'd like for it to be somewhere inbetween to make it a weapon more worth picking up.
2 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:04 am

I'm liking the new maps and gun quite a lot.
Any chance of having a ProjectileDeflectZone deflecting in specific directions?
Lunatic wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:32 pm
Trying to ledgegrab these spots is a little annoying for some reason, but I can't really explain why it bugs me. Maybe you'll see what I mean?
My guess is that it's because of that small space between the glass and the ledegrab. Also, it's just a few pixels too high to jump from one ledge to the other.
3 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Kawabanga
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Epic fails amateur.
SFD Alias: My name is Kawa-bbanggza!!
Started SFD: Late 2015
Post by Kawabanga » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:30 am

Haven't yet seen the new changes in the game, but would like having an option to set deflection/absorbtion percentage chance rate (eg. used on car body).

Edit: and maybe an AreaTrigger that would run effects (like eg. sparks, electric discharge, etc.) with a selector to choose from possible activators such as bullet hit, punch, kick, player/object entrance/leave, etc.
1 x

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:19 pm

All changes were good, I only have a problem with the Helipad map. The entire lower section is just melee spam, and both sides are incredibly hard to approach without being shot/kicked/tackled/hit. I like the gimmick (The helicopter and ammo stash) but the layout is honestly horrible.
Castle courtyard however, is a great map. Alot of room, alot of options and ways too approach a position (For the most part). My only problem is that the width of the map can make it hard to see clearly.
1 x
Shut up bitch!!

Desmit
Meatbag
SFD Account: Desmit

Post by Desmit » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:31 pm

This update is really good, especially new maps. Also, mgtr14, I have same problem with the width of the map
0 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:21 pm

Castle Courtyard is indeed an unfortunately wide map. I couldn't find a way of compressing it to fit the standard camera area without completely changing the layout. I'll probably leave it as it is, because I think it's a good map overall, but I'll definitely keep this in mind for future maps.
3 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Desmit
Meatbag
SFD Account: Desmit

Post by Desmit » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:20 pm

thank you, Hjarpre!
0 x