Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status update 2019-02-22

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status update 2019-02-22

Post by Gurt » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:26 pm

Hjarpe has been working a a few new versus maps since the last status update and I have been laying sick in bed for days. We haven't had any time the past week to work on any new weapons yet (we will get there) but I have been spending time writing an extension script to try out a new game mode that I will be hosting on a server soon enough as soon as the script gets ready. I have also spent a lot of time on administrative stuff (everything else but coding on the game) the past week and it always sucks because it takes away from development. But that's also part of creating games.

The only way to win a versus game today is to be the last man standing which can encourage camping behavior and running away as valid tactics to avoid loosing. If two or more players remain that are overly defensive the game can become stale. The objective of this mode is to capture and hold a dedicated area on the map and score a certain amount of points in order to win. Running away or camping outside the area will not be something you do all the time in this mode (or you will have a hard time scoring points). In this mode you also respawn if you die, so it should be a constant fight over the area. If this mode turns out fun (perhaps after some iterations of tweaking) we might consider to implement it as a standard mode. We will see how it turns out.
20 x
Gurt

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:25 pm

AW YEA POINT CAPTURE(or king of the hill I think) Ive played a few king of the hill maps and it was fun of course. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS
*and get well soon fam*
1 x

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:07 am

So is it like Splatoon except you just have to stand in a certain area for the longest time?
0 x