Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status Update 2019-02-13

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status Update 2019-02-13

Post by Gurt » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:21 pm

We just released the v.1.1.1 update to fix some bugs and tweak some weapon stats.

Up next we will work on some new weapons, items and some new versus maps. We don't know exactly which weapons/items we will work on but we want to do some new fresh stuff when it comes to weapons and items. Some of the planned items maybe. This update will be released when it's done.

After that we will being working on the next major update again, whatever it may be.
We also want to release SFD on other digital platforms as well. It's not a problem-free process and we will look closer into it. We don't know many of the practical details yet. Doing this will most likely bring back the Mytho-Logic Interactive account system in one way or another for other platforms than Steam. For Steam users it will be an optional process to tie your Steam account to the Mytho-Logic Interactive account, so nothing is forced upon you. After all, you already have an account for the Steam version of the game :)

This is the rough outline of our near-future plans (as of 2019-02-13) and is not definite in any way and these plans can change as time goes on.
10 x
Gurt

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:35 pm

Gurt wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:21 pm

Up next we will work on some new weapons, items and some new versus maps. We don't know exactly which weapons/items we will work on but we want to do some new fresh stuff when it comes to weapons and items. Some of the planned items maybe. This update will be released when it's done.
Would be nice to see more original content in this game that other games never had, like special invented items or objects that are present in the SFD story.
Also it would be great if we will have more interesting things in future(besides Challenges), like events for getting exclusive items/tournaments or something, i know it's hard(i don't know, just never made a game before) so... I wish you luck. Just my thoughts. And i really waiting for new weapons and versus maps.
0 x
-Content-maker.

ImThatKid
Fighter
Fighter
Title: IMTHATKID
SFD Account: ImThatKid_27
SFD Alias: |TS1|ImThatKid
Started SFD: November 2015

Post by ImThatKid » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:21 am

these updates want me to play more and more, keep it up!
0 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:05 am

I'm looking forward to the Weapons update! Maybe we'll finally see Shurikens implemented!?

I figure I'll say this here instead of the 1.1.1 thread since this status update hints at weapon-related stuff. The carbine buff was a gentle nudge, and not to be ungrateful, but I think it needs another little nudge to 10 damage per shot. Likewise, the .45 pistol nerf was a little excessive. I think I understand the intent - make a weapon between the revolver and the pistol, right? If you bump it's damage to 9.5 and give it a 350ms fire rate, you'll get a weapon between the two that still hits relatively hard without giving up too much fire rate.

Testing the new riot shotgun is pretty wild. Most the time, all the pellets don't connect for some reason - they go through/past their intended target. That said, implying all pellets hit per blast, you're looking at 27 damage. 27 damage. 4 Blasts to kill someone, or just 3 to put them on death's door. This thing is very strong. Unlike the old pistol before the nerf, I'm undecided on if it's too much. Still, you'll be killing in 4 pumps (maybe it's that visual bug of bullets going through things?) so it's a very dangerous weapon indeed. Magnum exists though so I'm leaning on it not being too powerful overall. We will see.

Keep up the good work, guys! Looking forward to the future of SFD!
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Kers
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Kers
SFD Alias: Kers
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.4

Post by Kers » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:27 am

Great update. Love the new sound effect for the dark shotgun. IMO one of the most important issues right now is the lack of servers. The game should have some sort of incentive to encourage people to host especially when there is no official servers.
2 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Kers wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:27 am
Great update. Love the new sound effect for the dark shotgun. IMO one of the most important issues right now is the lack of servers. The game should have some sort of incentive to encourage people to host especially when there is no official servers.
Definitely agree. There is a very low amount of low ping American servers, leaving me to host. What is bizarre is that low ping people are able to join my server, that are otherwise capable of hosting. Might I recommend including a clickable link to lead to a page helping them?
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Iliyan
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Enthusiast of SF and SFD
SFD Account: Iliyan
SFD Alias: Iliyan[44]
Started SFD: Carving for it since normal SF

Post by Iliyan » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:44 pm

Dont tell me tasers are going to show in game its gona be so fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x

Kawabanga
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Epic fails amateur.
SFD Alias: My name is Kawa-bbanggza!!
Started SFD: Late 2015
Post by Kawabanga » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Gurt wrote:

Up next we will work on some new weapons (...). We don't know exactly which weapons (...).
Here are some ideas:

BOW

B
O
W

WOW

BOW-WOW

Robin was a superfighter too :D
2 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:29 pm

Kawabanga wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:05 pm
Gurt wrote:

Up next we will work on some new weapons (...). We don't know exactly which weapons (...).
Here are some ideas:

BOW

B
O
W

WOW

BOW-WOW

Robin was a superfighter too :D
Because of the addition of “Tribal Paint” I have a feeling this may be an addition in the near future.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:30 am

There should definitely be more expansions in sfd's plot. Maybe you should start a forums thread for ideas.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:37 am

Here's a short status update follow-up.
I have the past week from time to time been compiling a list over frequently asked questions over technical stuff which can be found here https://mythologicinteractiveforums.com ... =10&t=3509 I will be updating it as time goes on as new strange technical problems are detected. It took more hours than I would have liked. I'm also working on a FAQ over connection/multiplayer related issues/problems. Now back to some coding for some time.
1 x
Gurt