Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status Update 2018-12-13

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status Update 2018-12-13

Post by Gurt » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:23 pm

The last status update from 2018-12-05 on Steam is still the latest. We have begun work on the next campaign.

The past two or three months have been extra work-heavy. First the daily job and then the Superfighters Deluxe preparations for the Steam release. Long nights and little sleep. Releasing the game on Steam just changed the focus from actual coding on the game to managing contacts, e-mails and other administrative stuff which has taken even more time around- and after the release on Steam. We feel tired right now so a break over Christmas is welcomed from both our daily jobs and from Superfighters Deluxe for a while. December 2018 might be the month we will get the least amount of work done for Superfighters Deluxe when it comes to content since we started working on it.

Meanwhile, I have been thinking about NAT Punch-through for Superfighters Deluxe to ease the process of creating and hosting games if it is possible to get it to work with Lidgren.Network and Superfighters Deluxe and our master server. https://keithjohnston.wordpress.com/201 ... yer-games/ explains it in a easy way to understand if you don't know what it is and why it helps. This will be my main focus during the Christmas period. But as the article also brings up, it's not a solution that will work for everyone if you're behind a symmetric NAT router. But it should improve the situation for many people that (for various reasons) can't (or won't) update their router settings.
14 x
Gurt

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:17 pm

After all you guys have done you deserve a LONG break. As usual keep up the good work and thx for delivering a dank game to this world.
4 x

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:28 pm

"I finally rest, watch the sunrise on a grateful universe."
Happy holidays, devs.
3 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

DarkSharingan21
Meatbag

Post by DarkSharingan21 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:39 pm

Oh my gosh, finally! NAT-Punch-through. Thank you MythoLogic. I almost lost hope with that one! You guys really deserve a break after all, coding isn't as easy as some people may think.
0 x

Andres
Fighter
Fighter
Title: You must learn to lose
SFD Account: LukaRaoS
SFD Alias: |SH| LukaRaoS
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.8.8

Post by Andres » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 pm

i love this game
0 x
Good game ever