Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status Update 2018-12-03

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status Update 2018-12-03

Post by Gurt » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:52 pm

A few days now after the release.

It has been some nervous days for various reasons. We have gotten more work to do with even less time to work on the game as we get requests to send review keys to different streamers and video content creators. We're doing some background checks to see if it's legit and sending some copies.

Currently we're improving the controller support for non XBox 360 controllers. One lacking feature now is that you can't navigate the menus after binding the keys (unless you have an XBox 360 Controller). We're adding another bind-able button to the "Menu/Start" action to toggle the menus and making your bound keys for Up/Down/Left/Right navigate the menus, Attack/Jump/Kick to accept and Block/Crouch to back. It works well with my PS4 controller and another old generic UBS gamepad. The optional buttons for voting and space-to-skip is something we need to improve at a later time (as they are only optional!). I except this to be available within a day or two.

We know about a problem where no input is being registered if a Steam user have opted in to use Steam Controller Configurator for any controls. We don't know why and if that's something we can disable. We need to look closer into that.
9 x
Gurt

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:58 pm

Nice! I was checking Steam and reading comments, seems like people want more controller support. I have a suggestion: the game should prioritize controllers as the input for player 1 if there are any connected to the pc. What I mean is, let's say I connect a PS4 controller and start the game. Then the game should automatically set my input to that controller.
0 x
Hold your breath.

TheBlackshot
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Trigger-Black
SFD Alias: Blackshot
Started SFD: Winter 12/13

Post by TheBlackshot » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:21 pm

Gurt wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:52 pm
We know about a problem where no input is being registered if a Steam user have opted in to use Steam Controller Configurator for any controls. We don't know why and if that's something we can disable. We need to look closer into that.
That one is unexplainable to me. In the closed beta it was still working fine
0 x
Blame the game, not the player

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:19 pm

We have released a test build with improved controller support.
In short:
- Any controller can now be used to navigate the menus (and not only XBox 360 Controllers). The input layout might be a bit strange on unsupported controllers in this case but works.
- If keybindings are setup for the specific controller in use it will use actions for Up/Down/Left/Right to navigate the menus. Attack, Jump and Kick to accept. Block and Crouch to cancel/back.
- New menu item added to be able to bind the menu to a button (start) for gamepads.
- If no keybindings are setup for the specific controller it will use the default keybinding setup to navigate the menus. The input layout might be a bit strange in this case but works.
- Using a controller in the keybinding setup panel while binding a key will automatically toggle to that controller, no need to select the right one in the input-drop-down menu first.
- Controllers need to be plugged in before starting the game due to technical limitations.

This is in the betapreview branch for the game. Opt in in Steam by going into the game's properties and the Beta section. Select the "betapreview" branch. If it's not visible type in "balistabalista".
We're still figuring out why no input is working while Steam Input Configurator is selected by the users in this game.
3 x
Gurt

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:24 pm

Gurt wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:19 pm
- If keybindings are setup for the specific controller in use it will use actions for Up/Down/Left/Right to navigate the menus. Attack, Jump and Kick to accept. Block and Crouch to cancel/back.
Aren't Down and Crouch the same button? How can you crouch without holding the Down key?
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:35 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:24 pm
Gurt wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:19 pm
Aren't Down and Crouch the same button? How can you crouch without holding the Down key?
I believe on controller it’s more of a “crouch” key. Could be wrong though.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:14 pm

KliPeH wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:24 pm
There are separate key binds for those, as some people might want to have different keys for rolling/crouching/diving and going down ladders. Same goes for jumping and going up ladders. On controllers, I find it kinda hard to jump using the "up" on d-pad, so I use X instead.
0 x
Hold your breath.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer

Post by Gurt » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:52 pm

The input will only consume the "first" action found (in no specific order).
Buuuuut crouch and down might be a common combination so better avoid that. Good input.
We're also tracking down the input locking down problem. An unhandled error is thrown deep down causing Nuclex Input to completely stop.
1 x
Gurt