Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status update 2018-07-29

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status update 2018-07-29

Post by Gurt » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:37 pm

We're still working on the game.

The first campaign has gone through many iterations and re-designs but we're finally getting the puzzle together, figuring out all the pieces. We just recently played through the latest iteration from start to finish without any stops which was a nice milestone.

I was hoping to get some more footage over bots fighting this week but I never got around doing that. :(
It will be a few more weeks until I can record again so I figure it's best to avoid mentioning when I intend to record as it just ends up me not recording due to change in plans and real life knocking on the door and such.

When it comes to the bots they work nice for the campaigns and are operational for versus games. We still have a lot of work we want to do on the bots to improve them in every aspect to give versus players some kind of challenge even against one bot. One plan is to keep working on the bots during the beta-testing to prevent the biggest cheese tactics (whatever they can be) and keep improving them post-launch and implementing new features for the bots. This process will be ongoing. For SF it took 8 months to write the bots. I think we have managed to do a lot more with a lot less time for the bots in SFD but there're also so much more in SFD that a bot can do to begin with.
16 x
Gurt

Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Dangerous
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)

Post by Danger Ross » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:57 pm

I understand it's complex on a technical level... but was writing ever a focus for the campaign?
will it be meaningful, funny, or is it just there to check a box?
(just wondering)
2 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:31 am

Danger Ross wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:57 pm
I understand it's complex on a technical level... but was writing ever a focus for the campaign?
will it be meaningful, funny, or is it just there to check a box?
(just wondering)
I don't wish to brag, but the story of Superfighters Deluxe will rival that of great literature. You will laugh, cry, crap your pants and have a profound spiritual experience at the same time. It will open your eyes. Get ready...
15 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.