Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status update 2018-01-06

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status update 2018-01-06

Post by Gurt » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:44 am

! Message from: Gurt
This status update is for the release version of SFD and its progress.
Support for local multiplayer seems to be working fine now in our current development build. We have also finished the possibility to play "Offline" without the need to create a server similar to how the tutorial and testing a map in the editor works. Should be useful for those times you only want to play locally against bots.

Next up I will experiment with JoyToKey and see how well SFD plays with a controller. We have been talking internally about the possibility for alternative controls for changing weapon (like toggle prev/next and activate with attack/cancel with block) that might be needed to reduce total amount of keybindings required - especially if 2 players must share the same keyboard.

Other than that it's continued work on the bots so we can really start with campaigns and other modes.
9 x
Gurt

Spack Jarrow
Meatbag
SFD Account: Jack Sparrow
SFD Alias: Jakk
Started SFD: PreAlpha v.1.6.0c
Post by Spack Jarrow » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:13 pm

Nice work! I'm really excited for the next update. Development of super-fighters deluxe is a great inspiration for me. I watched your multiplayer test demo video, can't believe you've gotten this far from scratch
2 x