Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status update 2017-12-29

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status update 2017-12-29

Post by Gurt » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:23 pm

The last status update for this year.

First I want to mention the highlight of this year: The release of the Beta version of Superfighters Deluxe where we officially welcomed Splinter and his awesome music. We also introduced our first survival type map "Zombie Nightmare" with our first AI featuring zombies!

Now we're focusing on one of the last big features when it comes to amount of work. Local multiplayer where two players can play using the same computer. And we're making progress. While it's not yet possible to play two players in our current build we have done a lot of refactoring to make it possible during the last days. This is one of those features I hope I have it all thought out in my head or it just won't work in the end ;)

Hjarpe is working on an updated GUI to support local multiplayer. It will most likely be alienated for older players at first glance but it's a must for us. Today you see your life/energy in one corner and your items in the other. This will likely be grouped together to allow more information to be visible for all local players on the screen. Changes will also be made to the main menu and other parts of the GUI as well. We're also adding support for up to 9 profiles that you can edit and select between for all players.

As a bonus we're adding the possibility to play up to 4 local players using the same computer (if you set it up in the config.ini). We're only designing the GUI to support 2 players for most parts and if you're 3+ local players you won't be able to play online. That's the limitations but might be fun if you have enough gamepads (campaigns, survival, vs AI, etc.). As this is XNA only XBox controllers will work based on my earlier experiences with XNA once we implement support for gamepads. If you have other gamepads you will have to use programs like JoyToKey.

Happy New Year!
 ! Message from: Gurt
This status update is for the release version of SFD and its progress.
Last edited by Gurt on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added disclaimer note
15 x
Gurt

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:38 pm

Now this is what we have been waiting since the primal SF.A local multi up to 4 players is so satisfying that you are not alone and best for those who are unable to host.
This is how I am gonna elbow my bros,not gonna give them a slight chance.😉

Really...... you guys are The bomb!
1 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji

Dell is bell
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Ping is not greater than skill
SFD Account: DellisBell
SFD Alias: Dellisbell
Started SFD: Nov2013

Post by Dell is bell » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:23 pm

This is nice year of sfd and Dev Team. Don't forget to add new items,remove some bugs that make annoying and new gamemode ;) :P😉

Happy new year
0 x
Tears is poisonsoeatTear

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:41 pm

SFD sure has come a long ways. Can't believe we're in the final stretch now. Here's to hoping it works out! Happy new year, fellas.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:32 pm

Hmm... Ahout that local multiplayer... Can you make it so local players can join servers together

I mean if me and my friend are playing on the same pc(local) can we both join the same server and fight against other players online?

hope it describes it.
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:41 pm

hyper copter wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:32 pm
Hmm... Ahout that local multiplayer... Can you make it so local players can join servers together

I mean if me and my friend are playing on the same pc(local) can we both join the same server and fight against other players online?
Gurt wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:15 pm
You will be limited to two players using the same machine but you will be able to play online.
So you can join (as two players) an 8 player versus game or a 4 player co-op game or any other game mode as two players as long as there're two slots open.
1 x

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:00 pm

I'm very donkey... the update of multiplayer local is in this year? - 2017 or in 2018?
0 x
Just me The Predator!

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:12 pm

2018 for sure.
0 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:47 pm

will the GUI only change if there's another local player or be different regardless of player count
0 x
but in reality

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:56 am

Zyfex wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:47 pm
will the GUI only change if there's another local player or be different regardless of player count
Hmm, I got an idea P1's health and stamina is in the upper left corner and his equipment is in the lower left one. P2' health and stamina is in the upper right corner and his equipment is in the lower right one. I can't imagine how would it look like with 3/4 players Hmm... Maybe... Every player has his health and stamina in a corner and the equipment is right below them..How do you think about it?
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.