Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status update 2017-11-13

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status update 2017-11-13

Post by Gurt » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:55 pm

A small status update. I'm just gonna quote Hjarpe as it's still up to date:
Hjarpe wrote: A small status update: Thanks for all your feedback on the new survival mode! It's been fun to play and we reached a lot of our goals, but we also recognize that it has some big problems. We have lots of ideas on how to improve it, but for now our main goals are:

Shorter games: The main problem with survival at the moment is that games drag on for too long, especially for expert players. We want the difficulty to ramp up MUCH faster, resulting in shorter games.
More variety: I am working on a system for randomizing the rounds a lot more, making survival less predictable and repetetive.
Difficulty that scales with the number of players: In the next version, it should be roughly equally hard to play solo as with 4 players.
Less exploitable bots: We will tweak the bot behavior in small ways, such as letting them do random jump-attacks when climbing ladders.

A lot of these features were of course planned from the beginning, but we had to cut a few corners to get the update out for Halloween, and we wanted to get your feedback as quickly as possible.
Everything is wrapping up nicely.
6 x
Gurt

piterskiy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: PiterskiyReal
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.X

Post by piterskiy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:55 pm

Thanks for information!
0 x

Agera
Fighter
Fighter
Title: The SusMaster
SFD Alias: Agera, Ronnie, The SusMaster
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.2

Post by Agera » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:52 am

Cool stuff. If you're updating how the zombies work, I can say with confidence that a lot of people would like an 8 player survival map. Even if it would need a bigger map and might cause problems with lag or computer performance, there have been so many times where people have been stuck spectating and complaining. I don't know if it would need 4 spawn zones, less normal zombies and more fire ones and bigguns, but it would be nice to have more people able to play at a time.
0 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:31 pm

Oh yeah, seems like the next goals and updates will be focused on survival mode.

I still think one of the things that must be surely took in consideration is the spectation function, like a specific display color stating they are spectators, a player rotation that would let everyone play the map substituting those who die in a round and/or letting it selectable for the host, instead of the necessity for kicking someone to let someone (like a friend) to play, what's not cool.

For what I mentioned, I have a suggestion: Whenever the Survival mode is separated from the Versus (they are supposed to work differently, like when someone win that was what brought that winning bug for versus mode), the host is still able to click in someone's team and change (we can, actually, but won't change at all), the options displayed would be Spectator and Team 1 (or another name).
1 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"