Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Beta 1.0 is out!

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Re: Beta 1.0 is out!

Post by Evilsack » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:51 am

RickAvory wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:08 pm
Evilsack wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:06 am
"*Debris and giblets can no longer stun or knock players down." This is the real reason why I am excited.
Aww I actually like this mechanic. I am so hard wired to use it only to forget that it was removed XD.
It was a good concept but in a game like SFD it doesn't work. Well it does, but just makes the game more frustrating than it already was.
0 x
-Evilsack

Powerbombs
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: four dimensional lasagna
SFD Account: Powerbombs
SFD Alias: powerbomb, bomberman
Started SFD: pre alpha 1.2

Post by Powerbombs » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:13 pm

rip pre alpha
0 x
#RemoveFlamethrower

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:54 pm

A small status update: Thanks for all your feedback on the new survival mode! It's been fun to play and we reached a lot of our goals, but we also recognize that it has some big problems. We have lots of ideas on how to improve it, but for now our main goals are:

Shorter games: The main problem with survival at the moment is that games drag on for too long, especially for expert players. We want the difficulty to ramp up MUCH faster, resulting in shorter games.
More variety: I am working on a system for randomizing the rounds a lot more, making survival less predictable and repetetive.
Difficulty that scales with the number of players: In the next version, it should be roughly equally hard to play solo as with 4 players.
Less exploitable bots: We will tweak the bot behavior in small ways, such as letting them do random jump-attacks when climbing ladders.

A lot of these features were of course planned from the beginning, but we had to cut a few corners to get the update out for Halloween, and we wanted to get your feedback as quickly as possible.
Evilsack wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:06 am
"*Debris and giblets can no longer stun or knock players down." This is the real reason why I am excited.
What tipped the scales for us was the fact that blowing up a bunch of zombies and all the bodyparts slapping you in the face gets old pretty quick...
9 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Powerbombs
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: four dimensional lasagna
SFD Account: Powerbombs
SFD Alias: powerbomb, bomberman
Started SFD: pre alpha 1.2

Post by Powerbombs » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:40 am

Noble wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:45 pm

A tip: It's easier to download the installer of the game than updating by the launcher.
Not for others... "Failed - Network error"
0 x
#RemoveFlamethrower

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:20 am

Here's the boss is pretty much safer than me .-.

https://imgur.com/6NFtSZV
https://imgur.com/FpSLMZx

the boss is immune to 'gib' from the first shot of bazooka,makes him got stuck right into the wall.
1 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji