Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Status update 2017-10-22 - Beta features

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Status update 2017-10-22 - Beta features

Post by Gurt » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:31 pm

We're preparing to release the first Beta version of the game as mentioned here: https://mythologicinteractiveforums.com ... f=8&t=2275

As some may have noticed there will be bots included in this version. I will try to elaborate a bit on what you can expect for this update.

We're adding a new mode: survival and a new map where you can face off against zombies alone or coop (up to 4 players).
:!: The survival mode will be unavailable for custom maps in this update.

The bots will be basic. They will only be able to perform some simple navigation and they can only use melee. The zombies will only work in the new survival map.
:!: Creating a custom navigation mesh / path grid will be unavailable for custom maps in this update.
:!: The zombie bot behavior will be unavailable for custom maps in this update (if they are used anyway they won't be able to navigate the map).
The zombie skin will only be available to be used in the map editor.

We're also introducing a few music tracks to be played in the new survival map by Splinter.
The music, sound and ambient volume settings will be reset with this update due to some changes in how we handle the volume levels. So don't get alarmed that all your settings are reset.
:!: Music will be unavailable for custom maps in this update.

The GUI for selecting game mode and maps will be lagging behind this update and will be non-existing. We figured that since we will only start with one survival map this isn't of importance yet. The survival map will just show up among the other maps.

If you're hosting a game with 8 players and change to the survival map the 4 players that have played the longest in the server will be the ones playing the survival map. The other 4 will be spectating.

It might be a bit disappointing for some of you that you won't be able to create your own survival maps but we will get there eventually. We need to start somewhere and need your help to test things out!
11 x
Gurt

ShayVo_
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Your Murderer.
SFD Account: ShayVo_
SFD Alias: $HayVo_
Started SFD: Before you started

Post by ShayVo_ » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Aw, I wanted to be a zombie :( but despite this, it's still going to be awesome :v
By the way many of the best game developers are from Sweden, is this normal? I mean, DICE is from Sweden, Mythologic Interactive is from Sweden,Mojang is from Sweden, Avalanche Studios... please never change and keep making games, you guys are artists
0 x
I hit the CTRL key but i'm still not in control

Danger Ross
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Dangerous
SFD Alias: Danger Ross
Started SFD: 14 june 2012 (launch day)

Post by Danger Ross » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:19 pm

Once music does become available in the map editor, will it only be from a selection of Splinter's work? Or will we be able to upload our own songs?
0 x
sorry bucko, you can't punch with swords 8-)

Billy
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Owner of a failed Clan
SFD Account: Billy
SFD Alias: Billy
Started SFD: October 2015

Post by Billy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:31 pm

Well, looks like a person made an AI script that has more features then yours...
GG jacksparrow
0 x
Join Delta Squad today, if you mail me now you will get this cool private rank for FREE, but thats not all, you will also get an imaginary Cookie, so better hurry up!
Yea, ehh, that was a big fail...

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:36 pm

Billy wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:31 pm
Well, looks like a person made an AI script that has more features then yours...
GG jacksparrow
That bots may sound like they have been made by any person.but they are more smarter and they can navigate the survival map.others AI can't.
0 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji