Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Alpha 1.3.3 is out!

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Alpha 1.3.3 is out!

Post by Hjarpe » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:56 pm

-You can now drop primed explosives (grenades, molotovs, mines, C4) by holding the drop key (default G).
-Fixed a bug where you could climb ladders while holding dead players.

This is another small update before we start working on Big Stuff (campaigns, AI...)
10 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Armadyl5
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: 1.2.1

Post by Armadyl5 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:36 pm

Hjarpe wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:56 pm
-You can now drop primed explosives (grenades, molotovs, mines, C4) by holding the drop key (default G).
-Fixed a bug where you could climb ladders while holding dead players.

This is another small update before we start working on Big Stuff (campaigns, AI...)
So Hyped for the Campaigns and The AI :o , Go Dynamic Duo ! :D
1 x
Never Surrender !

Always Fight For Your Rights , and Don't Let Your Friends Down .

Venom
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Faaking Jhesus
SFD Alias: jajajaja sadasdjasiojd
Started SFD: When it was fun
Post by Venom » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:58 pm

New update!! :DDDD
i love your game even i keep losing but great work! Superfighters Deluxe will make history!!
0 x
YOU FAAKING BITH NIGR BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DO YOU ARE FAAKING YOUR FAAKING LIFE

IF YOU FAAKING FAAKING WITH TIME I WILL FAAKING COME AND KILL YOU BITH YOU DED :evil:

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:28 pm

I'm very excited and curious of what could the next update be about the upcoming campaign mode, even if this means also another thing, I need to rush to complete my AI project or all the pain (my pain) will not be worth it, I wonder if Gurt got annoyed by my attempts to make an AI and so He decided to show us that the next update will cover this feature :)
0 x

Rhodes
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: I am Rhodes!
SFD Account: Rhodes
SFD Alias: Rhodes
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Rhodes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:09 am

WOOOOT!! CAMPAIGNS, CAMPAIGNS!!
AI, AI!!!!
Been waiting for proper AI for a while now, actually. Seems the current AI's are only good at tripping and getting smacked in the face....
:D Hopefully this means even more fun and even better maps!
GO Gurt and Hjarpe sirs!! Hip hip hooraayyyy!
0 x
IF YOU PLAY SFD I'M COMING AFTER YOU!!

Judy
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Quitethespicymeme
SFD Alias: Judy
Started SFD: February 2015
Post by Judy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:55 am

Hjarpe wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:56 pm
Oooohh this sounds exciting. I wonder how difficult and time consuming it would be. If it's called "Big Stuff" then i think it's safe to assume we wont leave the singleplayer part of the game for a while :P

Nonetheless good luck ☆
0 x
I'm the Killer Queen :twisted:

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:20 am

Ya thought shock baton, chainsaw, tazer, boomerang, jetpack or those other features would come before the big update for the beta version. But it's been a long time since this game is in alpha version, more than 4 years now and anxiety hits hard. Can't wait for the beta, keep going, hype++!

Also, I don't know if it's only me but I think this dropping explosive feature was really cool and useful.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Iliyan
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Enthusiast of SF and SFD
SFD Account: Iliyan
SFD Alias: Iliyan[44]
Started SFD: Carving for it since normal SF

Post by Iliyan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:18 am

You should really think about the advertisement you can put on this game, ask kindly on the sites that had your old SF for example. Ask some reviews from someone or think about steam greenlight and company. the testing was good with us few people but the sales need more people.
0 x

Scraper
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Scrapper
SFD Alias: Scrapper
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.1
Post by Scraper » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:31 am

Some PRO should make a YT channel, it will help the game.
Remember when CooDex made SFD Funny moments? About 100 new people joined the game after seeing his videos.
Not a big digit, but a NOTABLE digit.
1 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:03 pm

Scraper wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:31 am
Some PRO should make a YT channel
already done :smirkl

I too wonder about these other weapons and items, the ones Noble mentioned. I was under the impression the items need to first be implemented in order for the bots to be able to use them accordingly; wouldn't introducing them after the update just require more work on your part? Unless you're feeling rushed to push out a "playable" Beta I'd say go for the fun jetpack and chainsaw stuff before doing more laborious work. Not that I mind getting bots first, I've been dying to try them for ages. I'm just curious.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:51 pm

Weapons and items will require some scripting per item so bots know how to use them. A flamethrower doesn't have the same reach as a pistol but it can shoot through stuff so we need to tell the bots how they can operate each individual weapon. So adding items after we begin with the bots won't be a problem - or at least it will be the same amount of work. We already have 40+ items for the bots to be usable.

As mentioned before the first versions of the bots will be very "stupid" and far from their full potential (whatever that can be) in the final versions of the game. The first versions will probably only cover so they can navigate simple maps and use some sort of strict melee - but it should be enough for a first versions.

Our intention has always been that the Alpha should include all the "core" weapons from Superfighters. Other items and powerups will be in the Beta.
5 x
Gurt