Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Alpha 1.3.2 is out!

Status updates from MythoLogic Interactive about the game progress.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Alpha 1.3.2 is out!

Post by Hjarpe » Sat May 27, 2017 11:56 am

-Changed underlying system for playing music: Title track will no longer have to be downloaded each update, and should no longer require Windows Media Player.
-Minor fixes and tweaks.
9 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

NTN9
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Who am I?
SFD Alias: NTN9
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.6.2

Post by NTN9 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:58 am

Can you tell us, why was added ShotgunDReload tile, please? No, really. In-game animation not changed, but now all creators of texture packs have to update their packs only for one tile. Of course you don't have to adapt to custom content, but this update was really odd.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:47 pm

NTN9 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:58 am
Can you tell us, why was added ShotgunDReload tile, please? No, really. In-game animation not changed, but now all creators of texture packs have to update their packs only for one tile. Of course you don't have to adapt to custom content, but this update was really odd.
Basically all weapons have a reload frame defined in the reload animataion but only a few have such a frame created. Once I discovered this in the debug logs I fixed it for the shotgun and asked Hjarpe to fix the rest of the weapons but he deliberately has left out the reload frames (as it defaults to the standard model frame) even though the animation system wasn't designed with that in mind. We don't support modding of the game so that was never issued at this point and therefor this was an odd update. I haven't thought about it since. I will revert the shotgun reload frame for the next update just because of older weapon texture packs as you mention. ;)
1 x
Gurt