Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Diagonal platforms pushes player into a wall.

All reported bugs that's actually by design.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: okokok is real #1
SFD Account: Krypa
SFD Alias: Krypa
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.6

Diagonal platforms pushes player into a wall.

Post by Creeper » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:36 am

Was Map Making when this happened:
https://youtu.be/DTrJ5DN6cCI

How it happened;
I was trying out my new map that is going to be a big project, When I was trying out the map,
also was messing with the stairs when the wall sucked me in.
And there is no possible way to get out.
everything happened in the Map Editor.
Actualy I dont know if there is another way to get yourslef out of there with a another person.

Edit: added map link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vsoxa ... eport.sfdm
Last edited by Creeper on Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:53 pm

You might want to attach the map file so the devs have an easier time understanding the cause of this particular issue.
0 x

Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Creeper » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:06 am

KliPeH wrote:You might want to attach the map file so the devs have an easier time understanding the cause of this particular issue.
yea i would do that but the map is a big project that is in beta. So i wont give the map i will give the Template of the bug becose there is no script
messing it up.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:13 am

Similar to viewtopic.php?f=24&t=174
The platforms in SFD are special tiles that the user can disable collision with for a certain time.
When designing maps consider looking at official maps. You will need a minimal distance between platforms. Platforms aren't designed to be placed too close to each other. Diagonal platform tiles shouldn't be placed next to static walls either.
For now this is by design as you use the platform tiles in a way it's not meant to be used. When the collision against platforms are re-enabled the Box2D engine will try to resolve overlapping. In your case it looks like it moves the player right into the static wall.

This might be something we will look into in the future but not now as we don't build "stairs" like this. Consider using a ladder or an elevator or horizontal platforms you jump up/down through as we do in our official maps.
0 x
Gurt

Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Creeper » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:40 am

Gurt wrote:Similar to viewtopic.php?f=24&t=174
The platforms in SFD are special tiles that the user can disable collision with for a certain time.
When designing maps consider looking at official maps. You will need a minimal distance between platforms. Platforms aren't designed to be placed too close to each other. Diagonal platform tiles shouldn't be placed next to static walls either.
For now this is by design as you use the platform tiles in a way it's not meant to be used. When the collision against platforms are re-enabled the Box2D engine will try to resolve overlapping. In your case it looks like it moves the player right into the static wall.

This might be something we will look into in the future but not now as we don't build "stairs" like this. Consider using a ladder or an elevator or horizontal platforms you jump up/down through as we do in our official maps.
Also i have to say one thing you can fix this just by doing small agustmens. And so I did.
So i wouldn't need to change anything.
0 x