Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[SOLVED] InvisibleBlock and InvisibleBlockSmall are the same size

All reported bugs that's actually by design.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

[SOLVED] InvisibleBlock and InvisibleBlockSmall are the same size

Post by KliPeH » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:20 pm

Both are 8x8 and function similarly. Is this intended?
2 x

Duck
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: gogogadgetkeyboard
SFD Account: Shui
Started SFD: Jul 2013

Post by Duck » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:39 pm

I've always thought this was strange as well.

I kind of assumed that since invis small isn't resizable it's meant to be used the same way as other tiles of it's kind: objects and items can't be resized.
1 x
'<'

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:06 pm

Wrong! InvisibleBlockSmall extends 0.375 pixels less in every direction than a regular 8x8 tile. This comes from an experiment I made with a rotating bridge which when lowered was supposed to rest on an invisible tile. The bridge wasn't completely horizontal because of how the Box2D engine operates, which made it look ugly (i.e. not pixel-perfect) so I needed a smaller tile. I haven't used it in any official maps yet, but I've left it in for the future.
7 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.