Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

C4 Inconsistancy (detonation timing)

All reported bugs that's actually by design.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

C4 Inconsistancy (detonation timing)

Post by RickAvory » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:53 pm

I have noticed that the detonation time for C4 has been a bit odd for some time now. There will be times where you can set it off instantly and there will be times where there is a large cool down. After a lot of testing I’m not sure how to replicate this bug at all. Someone let me know if you can shed light about this issue.

EDIT: I actually figured out it’s because of the timing of when you press the trigger. If you press it at the wrong time there is a delay, however if you press it as soon as it’s primed it will instantly set off. Makes sense, guess it is not a bug
3 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:30 pm

"If you press it at the wrong time there is a delay, however if you press it as soon as it’s primed it will instantly set off." Exactly as we designed it. It requires a bit of timing to detonate it as early as possible.
2 x
Gurt

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:51 pm

Gurt wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:30 pm
"If you press it at the wrong time there is a delay, however if you press it as soon as it’s primed it will instantly set off." Exactly as we designed it. It requires a bit of timing to detonate it as early as possible.
It’s funny that I didn’t know this for the whole year it has been implemented. I was always wondering why it would sometimes explode instantly and other times super delayed. It is super straight forward now that I think about it.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:34 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:51 pm
Gurt wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:30 pm
It’s funny that I didn’t know this for the whole year it has been implemented.

if this is the case.then you should add this in one of the tips
0 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji