Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Hitbox and weapon origin not updating when using a size modifier

All reported bugs that's actually by design.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Hitbox and weapon origin not updating when using a size modifier

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:02 pm

Player hitbox size and weapon origin same as the standard player size, same apply to some minor issues like the size of the bullets shells, dropped magazines, etc.
2 x

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:37 am

It would be easier to see your claims if your gif was in slomo. As it stands, I can't really notice the problems you're talking about here. Would also be cool if you could demonstrate the hitbox issue as well.
0 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:30 am

Lunatic wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:37 am
It would be easier to see your claims if your gif was in slomo. As it stands, I can't really notice the problems you're talking about here. Would also be cool if you could demonstrate the hitbox issue as well.
I believe he's talking about the CPU size not being properly reflected on the weapon they're holding, i.e the muzzle flash not being properly aligned with the weapon, the bullet casings not flying out of the right place on the sprite and the dropped magazine being the same size regardless of the weapon's size in the CPU's hands.
4 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:44 am

I can't stress enough that the size modifier is VISUAL ONLY - it does NOT affect hitboxes or anything. If we ever need the size modifier for our official maps for CPU:s using weapons then we might consider updating weapon origins and other things. As it stands now it's by design. Use it at your own risk.
1 x
Gurt

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:10 pm

Lunatic wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:37 am
Here to you:
Anyway this hitbox issue is the lesser evil if you fight with melee, the biggest is what KliPeH said about what I tried to say about the wrong positioning of all the weapon emitters (projectile and muzzle flash spawn position, bullet shells spawn position and their sizes), cause it's an evident eyesore when a player with a size modifier is using ranged weapons.

I should suggest to keep this feature unlocked at least untill it reach a bit of polishing, but I can already imagine a lot of people raging at me because they waited this feature for a long time so...
4 x